Sign in to follow this  
lmcmanus

context widget

lmcmanus

I cannot get the text widget to show up only on certain pages. I have tried every conceivable combination, to no avail. Either it shows up on all pages, or none. I have tried "Show on selected" with full url, w/ just name of page, name of categories and page..."Hide on selected" with same...I have also done all these combinations with ticked and unticked "Single Page". I am obviously missing something. Can you help?

Andrew

So you're on WHP then? If so, you can use the Widget Logic plugin to help you do this... Out of the box, this is just how WP widgets work... (all pages with the associated sidebar or none)

lmcmanus

Well, unfortunately, the sidebar links are on certain pages, but the links themselves are NOT pages (pdfs, mostly). So flexi pages is probably not my answer. So the Kaspars context widget is not compatible with WHP?

bryan-hadaway

If you can list the pages that you want or don't want (I need links) widgets on, whatever is easiest I can write up some code to accomplish this task. Thanks, Bryan

lmcmanus

Bryan you're a lifesaver. It's on a beta site, but I can give you links & a desc of what I need to do here... For ex/ PARENT PAGE: http://beta.accessdata.com/products/ediscovery-litigation-support/ This page has 6 child pages, but I only want to include a specific sidebar TEXT widget on one page: CHILD PAGE: accessdata-lab/ OTHER CHILD PAGES OF THIS PARENT TO EXCLUDE THIS TEXT BOX: ediscovery/ ad-summation-iblaze/ ad-summation-enterprise/ ad-summation-casevantage/ webblaze/ I hope this makes sense and is what you need!

cmunns

What text widget are you trying to show on only that page? We need to know which one to give the appropriate code.

lmcmanus

The child page "accessdata-lab/" should have the "text" widget. Thanks!

cmunns

What does that mean. the "white Papers widget" or the other one? or is not shown on that page? I need to see the actual widget, every text widget has a different number.

lmcmanus

I activated it. It's a plain text widget with a thumbnail image.

lmcmanus

Note some pages are utilizing a different sidebar (so it's not there), but it shows up on eDiscovery which also uses secondary sidebar.

lmcmanus

If it is easier, I am using Daiko's widget as well, but it only allows 9 instances. Would it be better to just try and increase that number?

bryan-hadaway

Please post full URL's in the future, it will help greatly. Okay, we're looking at: http://beta.accessdata.com/products/ediscovery-litigation-support/accessdata-lab/ And I'm guessing the sidebar widget that has the two thumbs is the one you want to show just on this page and no where else. This is the trick we'd use to do this: ` #sidebar #text-2{display:none} .page-id-911 #sidebar #text-2{display:inline} ` Paste this in your Custom CSS area. Thanks, Bryan

lmcmanus

I REALLY appreciate your help. This worked perfectly...