Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

alessandropascoli

Personal plan + Localhost

alessandropascoli    0
alessandropascoli
Does the personal profile being installed on a localhost server (my personal mac) for testing and building a theme?
After that, can i install it on a real server online? Does that mean two (2) installation so the Personal profile is not right because is just for one (1) installation?

Thanks

Danny    1,327
Danny

HI,

If you contact our helpdesk, they may provide you with an additional install for local use only.

hello at pagelines dot com

Please search our forums, before posting!

alessandropascoli    0
alessandropascoli

Thanks Danny, i will then. I suppose I will be able to do it after my subscription...

Danny    1,327
Danny

After your subscription what do you mean ?

Basically, the Personal plan has one activation, if you activate this on a local install, then you wont be able to use your personal plan on a live site unless you deactivate the local install.

McLeod Morgan    0
McLeod Morgan

Just thought I'd check in and see if you upgraded to the business account so as to allow yourself a testing server and a live server version of your site. Thanks. 

Danny    1,327
Danny

The Business plan allows you to use DMS on six websites, this means that if you have you used your license six times on six websites, then plan to create a new local install, you wont be able to use your license, as your six site restriction has already been used. However, if you have used your license on five websites, then use the remainder on a local installation, thats fine.

The DMS plans do not include a dev/localhost install that doesn't require your license nor use up your usage, if you use your license on a dev/local installation, it will be classes as one of your sites.

Danny    1,327
Danny

No problem.

• Similar Content

• Claude203
      By Claude203
      Is there a repository somewhere in a WordPress installation (the database?) for all of the section info/data created in a DMS2-based WordPress installation? In other words, if one wanted to replicate on a new DMS2-based site the entire collection of sections including exact preferences that were set up for an existing DMS2-based site, is it possible to just copy the file with those details into the new site's database? (I'm not talking about any LISS/CSS entries, which I am sure could be cut and pasted from the existing to the new, as-is.)

Thank you.
    • atcdomainsolutions
      By atcdomainsolutions+
      I have heard many ways other developers create sites. Having been in business for myself for 2 years now, when I get ready to build a site for a client, I always create a folder off of my main domain name and then install Wordpress to that folder and create the site "live" basically. 

I have now been reading how others build "locally" and then transfer to the client when they are complete. This is great and I have downloaded Xampp and set up two dummy sites pretty quickly and I LOVE the speed at which things move AND the fact I can develop anywhere.  

I have 3 questions though:

1.  Is there anyway to share the local site I'm developing on my computer with a client (minus doing screenshares)?  With it being local, I can only see it on my laptop but if someone else pulled that up, they, of course, would not be able to.  I thought I remember hearing a long time ago Xampp or Wamp or one of them had the ability to show your local site online to someone?

2.  (I'm in bed now) but I will check tomorrow but I got to thinking as I laid down...since developing locally provides a huge speed increase in adding pages, content, plugins, etc, is it possible to work within DMS if I'm somewhere and DON'T have an internet connection or do I still need that connection "present" so when it has to talk to the server, it can?

3.  What is the best way to deploy a local site to a live server for the client and will DMS fully switch over?  

These may seem like silly questions but I have just now decided to build locally  and after playing around a bit today with it, I LOVE it and it seems to speed things up a lot and I can now stop adding tons of Wordpress installs off of my main domains.
    • reality
      By reality
      Installing my website, which uses DMS, on localhost - almost all of my sections disappear. For some reason only "post loop" remains, and all media boxes, text boxes and so on are invisible or gone. I am still at dms 1.0.4 (I want to have it working locally before upgrading due to prior problems with DMS upgrades.)

mod_rewrite is enabled and permalinks are fine, just DMS content is missing. I've also tried exporting/importing the json settings from live to local but it made no difference. Is there something special I need to do in order to use dms on localhost??? It's driving me mad  :( 
    • gabelloyd
      By gabelloyd
      I've Googled for the past hour on this, but I feel like this a really n00b question.  

Background: This is not my first website, but first Pagelines.
      Platform:  WP 3.8
      Theme:  DMS
      Pagelines:  free
      Local setup:  MAMP, php 5.5.3
      Process of "loading files" on my local environment:  Drag theme folders into the "wp-content/themes" folder.  (this is how I work locally without problem, usually)

Goal:  Install DMS Theme for a local working environment, add a child theme.

I've downloaded the installed the DMS theme (free).  At first, I just loaded this to an existing project.  When I did not see the DMS in the Appearance> Themes area, I thought "Well, maybe the existing installation is conflicting with it?".  

I loaded the site to a test server and I was able to load the theme using the "upload a .zip file" method (not loading the file using my FTP client directly into the themes folder).  This works.  Hm.

I decided that I should try installing the DMS locally on a fresh install of WP.  Installed on a new database, new theme folder, again the DMS theme is not recognized.  Hm.  So, I loaded the base child theme I found on Github:  https://github.com/bearded-avenger/nicks-base-theme by copying these files into my themes folder, and THAT showed up (but of course is saying that it's parent theme 'dms' is not found).  

I'm stumped.  Can I not drag theme folders into the 'wp-content/themes/' folder for local installation?  Did I miss something in the documentation about working locally?  

Thanks for your help!

• ndw81
      By ndw81
      Hi,

I've moved my site onto Xampp to develop locally. 

I have two problems that don't exist when I change to Twenty Twelve Theme or on the live site.

I'm using Wordpress 3.5.1 & Pagelines 2.4.1 & Woocommerce 2.0.3.

I'm getting a Warning message on the product page and the product page isn't styling properly. See attached.

Other pages on the site are still styled correctly.

Thanks