Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

jarmaine_stojanovic

Linking Menu to parts of home page

jarmaine_stojanovic

I have built my site through pagelines. 

I have a navbar menu, what i want to do is be about to hit one of the menu buttons and it take you somewhere down the one page design i have created. Is this an option through the settings or should i be using a plugin? 

Any thoughts would be much appreciated. 

Jarmaine

James B

Hi there, you'll need to swap the navbar section for the scrollspy section to get this effect. Scrollspy is one of the core DMS sections :-)

Kindly search the forum and read the documentation before posting. It will help you resolve many issues.

For CSS help be sure to check out W3Schools first and be sure to download FireBug for FireFox for troubleshooting.

James B

jarmaine_stojanovic

Hi there, you'll need to swap the navbar section for the scrollspy section to get this effect. Scrollspy is one of the core DMS sections :-)

Thanks James, 

But i would like to keep my navbar as it is. I know about scroll spy but that replaces your current nav bar. Is there a way to get a section of the page linked to 'about' which is in the navbar. 

Thanks! 

Danny

Hi,

To do this you will need to use the <a id="">...</a> tag.

For example.

1. Drag and drop a TextBox above the section you want to navigate to. In your case, above the section that houses your About content.

2. In the TextBox add the following to the: (you can replace the <h2> if you like with something else or remove it completely)

<h2><a id="about"></a></h2>

3. Once added, go to Wordpress Administrator Dashboard > Appearance > Menus

4. Using the Links option, add in the URL #about and in the Link Text field add About

5. Save your Menu.

6. Now navigate to your website, refresh the page and when you click the About menu item, it should automatically scroll to the TextBox which is above the About section.

Please search our forums, before posting!

jarmaine_stojanovic

Hi,

To do this you will need to use the <a id="">...</a> tag.

For example.

1. Drag and drop a TextBox above the section you want to navigate to. In your case, above the section that houses your About content.

2. In the TextBox add the following to the: (you can replace the <h2> if you like with something else or remove it completely)

<h2><a id="about"></a></h2>

3. Once added, go to Wordpress Administrator Dashboard > Appearance > Menus

4. Using the Links option, add in the URL #about and in the Link Text field add About

5. Save your Menu.

6. Now navigate to your website, refresh the page and when you click the About menu item, it should automatically scroll to the TextBox which is above the About section.

Thank you that worked perfectly! Much appreciated Danny

Danny
No problem.

Please search our forums, before posting!