Sign in to follow this  
debora

Create Columns within a page

debora

Hello, I would like to create columns w/text and links within a page. Pls adv. of an simple to use online tool that will allow me to create a 3-6 columns that would include: images,text and links, for one of my web pages. Question: Can you use excel or word tables for the frame, then add content, images, and links? Thanks...Debora

4252gb

Are there any shortcodes for this guys? How about some for a box with rounded corners? (@Debora- I wouldn't recommend using excel or word!)

bryan-hadaway

It would help to get a link to a page you want to do this on and some exacting details. But we can easily do this with HTML divs. Example: `

Whatever

Hello, hi... this is some random text :).

` then just use as many as you need and change the content inside, image and text. The biggest thing here will be adjusting the width and height which you can easily play with. When using code you need edit a page/post in the Text Editor view, NOT the Visual Editor view. Thanks, Bryan

debora

Hello again, Thanks for sending the code for the columns. Could you please adv. how to add a header w/a different color to each column? I would like to put a title on each column with content. Here is the page layout (see image: rgWk4.png) Thanks...Debora

cmunns

Debora, You would add header tags to the code Bryan provided. I love supporting customers in the forum, but I might suggest hiring a designer since your needs are so specific

debora

Hello Cmunns, Thanks for the feedback. However, I thought that the forum was to help your members customize your existing template so that all of your member sites do not have the same look/feel. I would appreciate your help... Best, Debora

4252gb

Hey guys, so no shortcode for boxes or columns with rounded corners for any of your themes? If not, could you please make us one with just a simple gray border for iBlog and Platform? 3 boxes and 3 columns wide. I'm not familiar enough with your themes or stylesheets to know where to start..and Bryan's code got chopped off above. Thanks in advance!

bryan-hadaway

@Bradley, it's okay that the code appears "chopped off", just copy it from top to bottom and it'll get all of it. @Debora, we can indeed help, we just need your guidance. If you can explain exactly what you need, maybe sketch it out, provide a link, screenshot etc. We just can't implement it ourselves on your site. We just mean if you need more intimate, hands on help you may contact a designer alternatively. Thanks, Bryan

debora

Hello Bryan, Thanks for your response. Bryan, I would appreciate if you would adv. how to add a header for each column with the original code you created earlier or please see sample layout at this address ( Jc8Ja.png). Note: would prefer thinner gray borders. Also, as per the column edges, I can use either the rounded or squared edging. I appreciate your help! Best, Debora

debora

Hello Bryan, Still need your help with this :-)

Andrew

Would it make sense to just use an HTML table for this?

debora

Thanks Andrew Yes, but, how do I create an HTML table without it appearing like an excel spreadsheet? My goal is to create 4 individual tables that are next to other but not adjoined (some space). Please adv. it there is a way to convert my word layout without creating the HTML table from scratch? Debora

catrina

It's possible to create an HTML table without it appearing like an Excel spreadsheet using HTML. If you want, I can show you the code that could be used to create the tables. Do you have the contents that you want in your tables already?

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

Founder | Catrina and Mouse

debora

Hello Catrina, I would appreciate if you would show be the code that could be used to create the tables. I am interested in creating three columns (on the same row) to be added to one of my highlight-standard pages. See below: Premium Plan $0 / per year Content Content Content Learn more (Link to Page) Standard Plan $0 / per year Content Content Content Learn more (Link to Page) Basic Plan $0 / per year Content Content Content Learn more (Link to Page) Note: Content will be added below the table. See sample page: http://basecamphq.com/signup Thanks again :-)

cmunns

Forgive me but wouldn't it make sense to use the feature boxes for this? Or is this not possible?

debora

Thanks... Yes, the feature boxes would work however, the content for this one page would be different than the information in the feature boxes on the main page. How can this be accomplished.

dvanton

Hi Everyone, I was just just going to post the same question regarding shortcodes for text columns. Bryan, I think your HTML could work and will test it out. Any suggestions for what it could be for two and three column text within the full width template? Let me know if I should start a new thread for this. Thanks again.

cmunns

@Deborah, When you create feature boxes you can specify a page-id that you want that particular box to show up on, thus making it possible for different sets. :)

debora

Hello, Thanks anyway. I was able to use the code provided by Bryan on another post plus added additional code to accomplish this task. Thanks again. Debora