Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

actorswebmaster

Section options not saving

actorswebmaster

Just trying to add a background image to a section. Images uploaded fine, the saving animation does its little spin and disappears, I click publish and wait for the animation again for good measure before finally reloading and all the settings are blank again when the page refreshes. None of those settings save.

I have another section on the page that I was able to set a custom css class on last week, which is still there. I can make other changes to the page and they save just fine.

Wordpress 3.7.1

DMS 1.1.2

All plugins disabled except Pagelines PRO plugin with default settings.

Cleared browser cache, closed all browser tabs and re-opened the site, restarted computer, tried secondary computer, nothing helps. I'm at a loss here.

atcdomainsolutions

Just to piggy back off of this but I have noticed sections, Text Box sections and Media sections and I can add something new, hit "Publish" and save and refresh the browser and it's a 50/50 chance it saves the changes.  Noticed this same thing with the CSS Less area with custom code.  I have to resave 2-3 times before it takes and I just started noticing this with the new DMS update.  

Didn't have this issue with the previous version.

actorswebmaster

Anyone? I'm not a genius by any stretch of the imagination, but I'm generally a pretty capable guy. Haven't been able to solve this weird problem yet.

Danny

Hi,

Would it be possible for you to record this issue please using JIng, so we can see first hand your issue. Also, can you enable PL debug mode (DMS Toolbar > Settings > Advanced) and provide a link to the site in question please.

Please search our forums, before posting!

Olly

I've also noticed strange instances of sections vanishing, not being saved etc.

Danny

If any of you who're experiencing this issue please record it using an app like Jing.

atcdomainsolutions

If any of you who're experiencing this issue please record it using an app like Jing.

Will be working on 3 different sites today and will try to record if it happens.

actorswebmaster

Well, I downloaded Jing, but now everything is magically working again. This isn't the first time this has happened, though, so I'll keep it in mind and record the issue if it happens again.

Scratch that, I was on the wrong site. (The working site is on WordPress 3.6.1 and a version of DMS earlier than v1.1.2. I don't actually see any place that indicates what DMS version I'm on.)

Back to the site I'm talking about in the OP, here's the video. http://www.screencast.com/t/jDvFLqcUA

btlinberg

I'm having the same issues since the latest update to 1.1.2. If I add an item to the Custom LESS/CSS window and publish it takes multiple times to save the changes.

Brad Linberg - Cooking All Things Food, Health, Web, Design & Mobile
linbergcreative.com
---

James B

Do you have a cache plugin installed? Anything that would be masking the changes you've made in the front end editor? If you save via the pagelines tab in the admin area using the fallback css/LESS box does it take affect first time?

Kindly search the forum and read the documentation before posting. It will help you resolve many issues.

For CSS help be sure to check out W3Schools first and be sure to download FireBug for FireFox for troubleshooting.

James B

btlinberg

I didn't know the DMS LESS Fallback was there. When I save an edit via the pagelines tab in the admin using the fallback CSS/LESS box it does take affect the first time. Interesting. Thanks.

linbergcreative.com
---

greenfly

Are you using a caching plugin? 

The answer to many issues can be found by searching in the forum before posting as someone else  may very well have had the same problem before you have.  Also, reading the documentation can help you gain a good understanding of how everything works. 

Please do not send me private messages. Occam's razor - The principle states "Keep things simple!"

btlinberg

No caching plugins for me.

linbergcreative.com
---

bowden

Im having the same issues.  I have a ton of work to do and cant do anything because DMS isnt working.  I shut down all my plugins and nothing.  I have no Idea what version Im working on because you cant find it anywhere.  Ill try to record the white box that says SAVING when I try to add anything and post but I am moving to another theme and resource if this cant get resolved ASAP.

greenfly

bowden - i have replied to your own topic regarding this 

The answer to many issues can be found by searching in the forum before posting as someone else  may very well have had the same problem before you have.  Also, reading the documentation can help you gain a good understanding of how everything works. 

Please do not send me private messages. Occam's razor - The principle states "Keep things simple!"

greenfly

btlinberg - Could you please create and admin level account on your Wordpress site and send the crednetials to hello @ pagelines.com with a link to this topic in the email and we will jump on your site and take a look for you 

btlinberg

This is a development site so I'm going to try moving to a different location and give it a test first without any plugins installed initially.

linbergcreative.com
---

Danny

OK, so there does indeed seem to be an issue with settings not saving correctly, which I have reported.

In the meantime, what you can do is when you have set an option or added custom code, click onto another options field this will then trigger a save, which you can see if you view the right hand side near the Publish button. When the saving indicator disappears, click Publish and your settings should have been saved correctly.

We apologise for any inconvenience this may cause.

sticktrix1

I'm having this issue too! i thought it might have been to do with my cache - but disabled that and it's not working. I was getting frustrated haha! at least i know what it is now.

Will try Danny's fix and see if that will work in the meanwhile.

James B

A patch to correct this error will be placed in the next update.

Kindly search the forum and read the documentation before posting. It will help you resolve many issues.

For CSS help be sure to check out W3Schools first and be sure to download FireBug for FireFox for troubleshooting.

James B

Erwan

Hi James B"] @[member="Martin Davies

Please correct me if I'm wrong, but the only current relevant patch (https://github.com/pagelines/DMS/commit/cbc1f17328ec9a054ae6fa15b974585586b6c06e which does fix the media library image selection issue) I identified unfortunately doesn't solve all the issues mentioned in this thread or elsewhere as regards saving of settings.

As a matter of fact, the Github issue is still opened https://github.com/pagelines/DMS/issues/570 https://github.com/pagelines/DMS/issues/564 with no recent patches adressing all the issues mentioned in this support forum topic & others regarding the saving of sections' settings (caching issues put aside).

I'm glad to read "A patch to correct this error will be placed in the next update": thanks for the info! And I'm eager to test it before release when it will be available on GitHub ;)!

Best regards.

James B

Hi Erwan

Just checked in with Simon and he's tested on the last update, see https://github.com/pagelines/DMS/issues/570 he's put a video up.

James B

Erwan

Hi James B,

• Great news for this other image selection from media library issue #570 (local settings in header/footer)! I'll test it right away, thanks a lot for your checking with Simon.

• But my bad: I of course had this one in mind too, but didn't not intend at all to mention it here and create confusion. Hence a "typo".

The main GitHub issue related to the problems raised here is of course the "Issue with settings not being saved correctly" #564.

Erwan

A patch to correct this error will be placed in the next update.

James B"] cc @[member="Martin Davies"] @[member="Danny

Unfortunately, most issues not solved with last update i.e. DMS 1.1.4 released November 29, 21:17 UTC/GMT +1 hour.

Ref.: https://github.com/pagelines/DMS/issues/564

greenfly

i believe Danny as replied to the Github comments on this https://github.com/pagelines/DMS/issues/564#issuecomment-29615732