Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

kulmetehan

Can't set Homepage through DMS toolbar

kulmetehan    13
kulmetehan

Hi guys,

Untill I can post in the pro section again, I'm posting this here.

Is it me or did some things change after the last update? I can't seem to find the button we used to set the homepage in DMS toolbar under settings.

Screenshot: http://cl.ly/image/0X0w383d3Q1h

As I recall, the set homepage option was here somewhere... Wasn't it?

James B    436
James B

In used to be in a panel called admin shortcuts, it looks like it's been removed inthe last update, I'll check with the core team to find out. You can set the homepage by going into the wp admin area, settings>reading

Kindly search the forum and read the documentation before posting. It will help you resolve many issues.

For CSS help be sure to check out W3Schools first and be sure to download FireBug for FireFox for troubleshooting.

James B

kulmetehan    13
kulmetehan

James B Perfect! Thanks, that was what I was looking for :)

James B    436
James B

Excellent :-) Glad you got sorted.

Just an update for anyone else following this thread, spoke to the core team and they confirmed the admin shortcuts panel was removed in the last update to simplify things. All the options which were there previously can still be found in the wp admin area.

• Like 1

Kindly search the forum and read the documentation before posting. It will help you resolve many issues.

For CSS help be sure to check out W3Schools first and be sure to download FireBug for FireFox for troubleshooting.

James B

• Similar Content

• Peter Esslemont
      By Peter Esslemont
      Hi,
      When using the editor I am getting duplicate wordpress toolbars and an a nice error to go with it...
      I have them stack 4 high at one point.  Goes away with a refresh then re-appears.
      very odd.

• Emili
      By Emili+
      HI, I have problems in page Editor to fully use platform 5.
      When I choose a Wordpress content section everything is fine : my post can be clicked.
      MY PROBLEM : When I choose a Platfom 5 section (like Magazine or MagX or Pins ou Loops...) and I click on my posts : nothing happens, it reboots on the home page.
      Can anybody help me please?
    • jagipson
      By jagipson+
      We had this site on our cloud 9 server and moved it to a Amazon Web Service server using Cloud Front and now the Editor on chrome is missing just says USE GOOGLE CHROME TO EDIT WITH DMS. Have tried multiple computers and same results. Any solutions why we would be have this problem?  Won't work on any page.
      http://www.viaglobalgroup.com/
      Thanks

Matt
      @Danny @Andrew 

• Louis
      By Louis
      The title says it all. I checked out the forum and the last post about this issue was back in 2012 and they suggested adding in the <ul> and <li> to the post's html. That's already there and so I'm sort of stuck. 

And I actually had another question so I'll just post it here. 

Is there any way to increase the height of the excerpts and be able to put a picture underneath the Title so that it shows up in the excerpt? 

and is there a way to delete the revisions of posts? I don't want to take up unnecessary space.

Thank you,

Louis

incase you need my website it is www.gutjourney.com 
    • kellid
      By kellid
      Hello,

I'm not sure if I'm asking the right people but I thought I'd start here.   Up until a few days ago, I was using Firebug lite for Chrome with no problems. Now, it won't show on the homepage.  I've tried uninstalling and and it worked for a few minutes last night but again, not working.  It works on the dashboard pages and a few internal pages but not the homepage which is where I'm needing it the most.  

There was something about it not working on "local sites" but once I publish all information, shouldn't it be global?  Any ideas would be greatly appreciated!  

solarconnect.us

Thanks,

Kelli D