Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

outtareach

Post per page, pagination

outtareach    3
outtareach

I tried changing the "reading options/ Blog pages show at most" to 3 yet I am still getting all my post on the page.  Does anyone know if there a better way to edit this through pagelines?

Danny    1,327
Danny

Hi,

I have just this moment created 20 posts, then set the Reading > Blog pages show at most to 4. When I viewed my blog page, there were only 4 posts visible, I had to click the Previous button to display other posts.

Therefore, if this isn't working, I would disable all active plugins and see if this resolves your issue.

Please search our forums, before posting!

outtareach    3
outtareach

fixed, they created like 20 entries in one post and werent doing it correctly.  its fine now. thanks

greenfly    230
greenfly

Thank you for letting us know this is fixed 

The answer to many issues can be found by searching in the forum before posting as someone else  may very well have had the same problem before you have.  Also, reading the documentation can help you gain a good understanding of how everything works. 

Please do not send me private messages. Occam's razor - The principle states "Keep things simple!"

• Similar Content

• Perry
      By Perry+
      Hi,
      I've added the Post/Page pagination section to the bottom of the blog category page on the dev site here (see screenshot): http://dianef.sandboxes.online/category/intention-and-invention-blog/ but it is giving me the message "Post/Page Pagination is hidden or returned no output", and when viewing the page in another browser, I see nothing.
      Does anyone have an idea why this might be?

Your help is much appreciated in advance.

Thank you,
      Perry

• John Olsson
      By John Olsson+
      Hi, I wonder how I can edit the function pl_pagination in  function.php located plugins > pl-platform > engine > lib without editing the core-file, that will be overwritten from time to time.
      When I place the same code in my function.php located in my child theme, it just gets error.
      What the practice here, to edit that function, I want to replace for ex. "Next Entries" and the arrow to something else.
      This is what the original code looks like:
      /** * * Pagination Function * * @package PageLines Platform 5 * @subpackage Functions Library * @since 5 * * Single posts need to use next_post_link() * Archives can use next_posts_link() * */ function pl_pagination() { if ( function_exists( 'wp_pagenavi' ) ) : wp_pagenavi(); else : ?> <ul class="pl-pager page-nav-default fix"> <?php if( is_single() && ! is_page() ) { printf( '<li class="previous previous-entries">%s</li>', get_previous_post_link( '%link' ) ); printf( '<li class="next next-entries">%s</li>', get_next_post_link( '%link' ) ); } else { printf( '<li class="previous previous-entries">%s</li>', get_previous_posts_link( __( '&larr; Föregående','pl-platform' ) ) ); printf( '<li class="next next-entries">%s</li>', get_next_posts_link( __( 'Nästa &rarr;','pl-platform' ) ) ); } ?> </ul> <?php endif; } // As a callback with nav args associated function pl_menu_callback( $args ) { pl_menu_fallback( $args['menu_class'] ); } function pl_menu_fallback( $class = '', $limit = 5 ) { $pages_out = pl_page_list( $limit ); printf( '<ul class="%s">%s</ul>', $class, $pages_out ); } function get_pl_nav_default( $args ) { $limit = ( isset( $args['limit'] ) ) ? $args['limit'] : 6; $pages_out = pl_page_list( $limit ); return sprintf( '<ul class="%s">%s</ul>', $args['menu_class'], $pages_out ); }  
    • Queue-it
      By Queue-it+
      Hi,
      How can I remove the "next post" links below each post page? 
      https://queue-it.com/cdn-blog/
      Before we had a related post section, but I can't find it among any functions, widgets etc. 

• Houston Haynes
      By Houston Haynes+
      Hey folks - I'm trying to get right of some 'dead space' at the bottom of the page in the Material Theme. (see attached) Those two gray lines have an "Edit" button in between them when the browser has a login cookie for the site. Here I created a screenshot from a browser session that doesn't have context for my main login, so you can see that the "Edit" indicator is gone, but the bars and the space it occupies still remains. Can someone help me isolate this so I can make it *completely* disappear? Thanks.

• j powers
      By j powers+
      Looking to fond the best way to add in some javascript, the script is from Salesforce to add a chat button, ie Chat available / chat offline.  I need to add this to a specific page though.

Much apprciated