Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

bartok

Have I been hacked!? - HELP! [no he has not]

bartok+    0
bartok

Please see these screenshots -

one for root folder of site: http://www.tiikoni.com/tis/view/?id=56ced7e
&
the other for the wp-admin folder of my wordpress site: http://www.tiikoni.com/tis/view/?id=bde1aa6

What is generating the large files named core.249304, core.629209, etc.? I have a couple other wordpress sites and they don't have these core files present. Does this mean I have been hacked?

I discovered the odd files when I was trying to backup my site via BackupBuddy and discovered my entire site was over 15 GB, which seemed extremely large.

Any insight or assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Simon    247
Simon

Thats your webserver crashing and dumping its memory to a file, hence the name 'core dump'.

The files are there for you to debug the webserver, if you are a C developer etc.

Core dumps should never be enabled in a production site.

bartok+    0
bartok

how do I disable core dumps?

bartok+    0
bartok

Also, is it safe for me to simply delete them?

Simon    247
Simon

how do I disable core dumps?

Depends on your host and how they have it configured.

And yes id delete them, they are  security risk

bartok+    0
bartok

Got it. Thank you for your help. I have started a ticket with my host. Will delete these files also.

• Similar Content

• pazyluz
      By pazyluz+
      pagelines will not update the core files. Per web host, the rev slider is loading in the home page background verrrrrrry slowly but I don't use the rev slider. He found no other errors in the log.   My site whitescreens after trying  to update   After reloading from server,  it wd not load templates or  sections.   or it combined my site with  pagelines site. the header  said dms 2.  details is a DMS1 theme   Sooooooo, after finally installing dms as a club member (per Simon) I now have this problem.   The site now visible is a restore from the server (before, I believe, Simon updated it to Pro w/ the club membership).   PAZYLUZ   Pagelines Pro Club member DMS 1 Details theme disabled cache plugins    
    • jordi
      By jordi
      Hi,

trying out DMS I have creted some child sections in a child theme, extending core sections like Postloop or Widgetizer.

An hour ago I updated DMS to 1.0.3 and after that I got a PHP Fatal Error. What was happening is that DMS was trying to load child (ok, now they are called 'custom') sections before parent sections, so the parent class wasn't found.

I solved that adding this line to the header of the section.php file of every class I have extended:
      Depends: NameOfParentClass  
      For example, if you want to create a SecondaryBar section your code should look like that:

<?php /*     Section: Secondary Sidebar     Author: Pagelines     Author URI: http://www.pagelines.com     Description: The secondary widgetized sidebar (extends the Primary one)     Class Name: SecondarySidebar     Workswith: sidebar1, sidebar2, sidebar_wrap     Persistant: true     Filter: widgetized     Loading: active     Depends: PrimarySidebar */ class SecondarySidebar extends PrimarySidebar { } I hope it would be useful for someone ;-)
    • interactive
      By interactive
      Where are the updates / news / announcements from PagesLines management?

Why has Andrew Powers NOT updated everyone with an official news release? He looks so genuine and passionate about his company and products in the promo videos.

You want us to support you and be patient while you fix things, but there is not enough info being released to existing (PLUS) subscribers.

Give us some confidence back and be honest with us. Release a video explaing where we are and how long we still need to wait. PLEASE!

The longer you keep silent, the worse it is going to get. DO SOME PR.
    • Erwan
      By Erwan
      Hi,

I use the PL color variable @pl-base in my custom LESS, so that some customizations (e.g. PL or personal LESS mixins) immediately take in account any change in global settings.

This @pl-base variable is described as "Page background color" in documentation http://support.pagelines.me/docs/miscellaneous/less/: actually, it seems to me it's the "Content Background" color defined in Site Options \ Color Control.

If they exist (I never managed to find them in documentation, including the "PHP Cross Reference of PageLines Framework"), what are the PL LESS variables referring to "Body background" color and (real) "Page background" color?

I most certainly miss something considering there are variables for all other colors defined in Site Options (e.g. @pl-text, @pl-header,...).

Many thanks in advance!
    • admin_mdp12
      By admin_mdp12
      I've read many topics on this issue, but I can't find the same situation and a good solution:
      my website is www.realwayoflife.com

both the public website and the wordpress administration are very slow

the hosting is bluehost, the basic shared hosting
      they told me that the website is slow due to image size and caching, but they can't explain why also the wp-administration is slow

I reduced the active plug-ins, but nothing changed

I will try a caching plug-in (but I think it can solve only the website frontend) 

can you help me?

thanks