Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Mark & Phil

Editing The Post Loop Layout

Mark & Phil    7
Mark & Phil

We need to edit the Post Loop layout to add some custom code and move things around. In normal wordpress theming we'd do this in the single.php but we've scoured the docs and the forums and find nothing like that.

Any ideas on how we can do it? Maybe same process as overriding a section?

Thanks for any help!

Danny    1,327
Danny

Hi,

In order to do this, the best option would for you to create your own loop section and use that instead. You can find instructions on how to create your own sections here - http://docs.pagelines.com/developer/section-api

Please search our forums, before posting!

• Similar Content

• flourishdesignstudio
      By flourishdesignstudio
      I am working on a site that uses post categories to organize a large collection of cocktail recipes (such as 'Fall Cocktails', 'Winter Cocktails', 'Spring Cocktails', and 'Summer Cocktails'). I am trying to style the category pages so that a user will land on the Fall page and see the fall posts in a two-column setup. The Pagelines Content section has no real post display options to speak of so I am trying to work within the Loops section, which does produce the overall visual effect that we are hoping for. However, it means that I have to create a Loops section for every single category page and tell it to show the posts for that specific category (Fall posts on the Fall Category page, Spring posts on the Spring page, etc). We actually have about 25 cocktail categories so creating unique pages for each category isn't going to be very time effective for us - especially if we want to change a setting later and have to go to each page to do that.
      So, my question is whether or not there is a way to control general category pages or if there are any other good post loop options that you recommend. This used to be much easier in the past versions of Pagelines and DMS so I just want to make sure I am not missing something within this new system.
      Thanks so much for the help!
    • huskers2011
      By huskers2011+
      I just upgraded to the platform 5 and all my post lop content in static pages is not visible on the site, although it is  selected in the page setup. 
    • B1Guy
      By B1Guy
      I am trying to have my post show up on more than the static page that is defined in >settings>reading.
      I would very much like the post to able to be displayed on 2 other pages "like a second and third recent posts that is displayed like a blog.
      Any help would be great.
      I am somewhat familiar with how coding works but not advanced enough to write the code I think I need for this.
      is there an easier way.
    • alasdairc
      By alasdairc
      Good Morning,

Website URL: http://northernreivers.org/updates/
      Framework Version:     2.1.5
      WordPress Version:     3.9.2
      Server/Host:                 GoDaddy Manage WP Hosting

Details:

I'm struggling to get the WP Content / Loop to display at this site.

There are posts on the site which I can display using a Widget Shortcode workaround but as you can see here it's not as pretty. http://northernreivers.org/field-guide/

Tried disabling all the plugins as well and got the same result.

Hoping to be told I'm an idiot and I've just missed something.

Thanks in advance

A

UPDATE: I just downloaded DMS 2.1.5 and did an install as previously I had upgraded. Unfortunately still getting the same results.
    • mtaus
      By mtaus+
      I just updated the DMS theme.Following the update, I am no longer able to configure the List Mode layout to display a wide full-column image above the post text. Instead only the thumbnail image view is available.

URL: http://blog.abodo.com
      DMS: 1.1.6
      Pro Plugin: 1.5