Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

josh1178

Full width uber menu with no padding

josh1178

I'm using uber menu and want it to be full width within the content area but it's not.  It's always slightly narrower than the content area. I've tried setting default section padding to 0, but it doesn't seem to make a difference.  

Actually, now that I look closely, all sections seem to have this padding. Any thoughts on how to fix this just for the ubermenu which ideally should drop down and cover the content area perfectly?

Thanks

examples that show its offset - the dark grey area is the content underneath and you can see a padding offset, but the ubermenu should be 'full width':

FqrDEN0.jpg          B2m6yho.jpg

Thanks!

Danny

Hi,

Can you provide a link to the site in question please.

Please search our forums, before posting!

josh1178

Sorry Danny, but the site is local currently.  I can try to setup a live one if you think it's necessary.

I'll first give you another example if that's ok using core sections. The 'fullbox' text box doesn't have padding, but the regular text section does. Do you know what the difference is between the two? Here is a picture that better illustrates my question:

http://imgur.com/GloJjKO

I'd like the UBERMENU to reach the end like the fullbox does so that when the menus drop down they line up with the content area. 

Thanks in advance!

josh1178

The fix is easy. Identify the section area by clicking the pencil and looking for the section number next to the word 'section area'. Then just add the following:

#pl_areaYOURSECTIONNUMBER .pl-content {padding-left: 0px !important;
padding-right: 0px !important;}

for example, mine was c9a83e, so I typed the following into the css customizations area:
#pl_areac9a83e .pl-content {padding-left: 0px !important;
padding-right: 0px !important;}

Not sure if !important is needed, but it doesn't hurt. :)