Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

meanmcbean

Site is Still Messed Up After Updating to DMS1.1.1

meanmcbean

Hi, yesterday after updating to DMS 1.1.1 my iboxes lost all content.  I worked hours trying to regain what I lost and I got most of it back.  Today I checked and now a few pages have lost all content.  This site is live, and client won't be happy.  Right now I'm trying to be happy, but this is soooo unacceptable!  I don't know what to do.  Actually, every blog post is not showing, but when I click on 'edit post,' all of the content is there.  Crazy, the three Flipper images are showing (on the homepage), but when to click view-no content is there.   http://carenetlv.org/

Danny

HI,

I have updated several sites and not one of them has encountered this issue. Can you disable all active plugins except for DMS Pro Tools and then add the PostLoop section to your templates, as from what I can tell, its not active on any template.

If the Content/PostLoop section isn't active, then your posts or pages content will not display.

Please search our forums, before posting!

meanmcbean

Danny, you've saved the day!  Something so simple.  I don't know how the Content/Post Loop section disappeared.  In my site's Footer, the iboxes text still wouldn't publish, so I deleted them - instead, I set up three individual columns, and use "Better Iboxes" with one only box in each column vs. using the free ibox section.  Very weird.  

Danny

Ok, glad to hear you have started getting your site back up and running. I did notice that your iBoxes text was there, but the text color was the same as your background color so you could see it.

Also, not sure as to how you PostLoop section ended up in your footer, this isn't what DMS is supposed to do and I can't see how our update could cause this.

In future, when updating I recommend the following:

1. Backup your entire site prior to update.

2. Disable all active plugins except for DMS Pro Tools

This should limit any plugin causing an issue when updating and you have a backup just as a precaution.

balfred1345

Danny

I'm curious about what you said above re content/post loop needing to be active.

Most pages on the site that I just launched today, choralartsensemble.org, don't have active content loops. But, the content that I built using PL sections show up just fine.

Except... I had a number of very weird and unhappy issues when updating to 1.1.1, the most persistent of which was that my iBox content (not the iBoxes themselves) disappeared on most pages. I had to re-do my work on each iBox, which was a drag. Could this loss of content in iBoxes have anything to do with not having content loops active?

Thanks,

Bruce

Danny

Sorry Bruce, I should have explained in greater detail.

If you do not use the Wordpress Page content editor, then there is no need for you to add the Content/PostLoop section to template. I assumed you were do so, thats why I said you needed to add it.

If you populate your page with content from other sources such as a MediaBox, TextBox etc.. then there is no need.

As to why your iBoxes content disappeared, I am not entirely sure to be honest. It could well have been an update malfunction, an issue generated by a plugin or related to your servers configuration. As I mentioned, I ran several updates and none of them had any issue with missing content or sections removing their configurations.

As a precaution, I recommend always performing a backup prior to an update.

balfred1345

Danny Thanks for the clarification.

Danny

No problem.