Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

janpeeters

Scroll Nav on mobile phones question

janpeeters+    31
janpeeters

Hi bestrag,

a while ago you pointed me to your Scroll-Nav plugin regarding questions about font awesome in spynav and spynav-pills that didn't work on section-areas. Today I bought your plugin, I like all the possible options and it works mostly like a charm.

There is one thing that is not working as I would have expected/hoped.

When I view the output of your plugin on my iphone it is really off, not stuck to top of screen, but I even wonder if it is a wise idea at all to have it stuck to the top of the screen on smaller screens because it gobbles up a lot of valuable screen-estate. Especially when you have a long one-page-design with lots of scroll-headers like my site www.lovo.nu

If you look at the following screenshot you can see my problem.

http://cl.ly/image/191s2T2P4202

So the following questions come up...
1) Can I turn off your menu on mobile devices?
2) Would it be possible to keep it in the same position, instead of sticking to top of screen as in normal browsers? In my case just below the header (as can be seen on www.lovo.nu).

Thanks for any ideas, 

Jan

bestrag    22
bestrag

janpeeters

I'm glad you like it. To answer your questions:

1. We will push a small update today with an option to hide Scroll Nav DMS on tablet/mobile. This will be temporary solution.

2.  We are working on solution for tablet/mobile screen resolutions. It will be out soon.

regards,

Bestrag

bestrag.net

professional dms plugins 

janpeeters+    31
janpeeters

Hi bestrag, thanks for the fast response and already providing a solution. Really appreciated.

bestrag    22
bestrag

janpeeters

Update pushed.

You can find "Hide Scroll Nav DMS on mobile devices" in Settings > Scroll Nav

bestrag.net

professional dms plugins 

janpeeters+    31
janpeeters

Hi bestrag thanks, works fine for me.

I was wondering though. I didn't see the update in WP updates. So I downloaded it from my DMS account. Isn't there a way to automate this? Quite laborious to download every update manually. But this might just be a shortcoming of the DMS Store plugin implementation but hopefully you can enlighten me how this works.

Thanks, Jan

bestrag    22
bestrag

It is automated.

probably my mistake.

Thanks for the notice

bestrag.net

professional dms plugins 

• Similar Content

• balfred1345
      By balfred1345
      Hi,
      I'd like to make Scroll Nav look better on various screen sizes. Right now it breaks unevenly, and leaves a chunk of background where the tabs used to be. Looks unprofessional. To know what I mean, please see the screenshot:  http://screencast.com/t/bxUYtpr1jE4
      I've attempted to target Scroll Nav w/ CSS in Custom Styling Classes. The class I put in to this box, subnav-res, doesn't show up when I check w/ Firebug.
      Can you tell me how to correctly target Scroll Nav w/ CSS so I can clean it up with some media queries?
      Thanks very much,
      Bruce
    • janpeeters
      By janpeeters+
      I'm using the Scroll Nav extension on lovo.nu. It works mostly great but in Safari 9.0.1 it jumps too high when it sticks. Firefox and Chrome latest versions work just fine in the current setup.
      So I'm wondering if the developer of the plugin is around to give me a clue as to how to fix this? I've thought of using the CSS Classes of the Pagelines Pro plugin but couldn't find a way to get it working.
      Thanks for any suggestions.
      Jan
      Chrome:

Safari:

• jeremykirke
      By jeremykirke+
      Hi @bestrag
      I just installed Scroll Nav on a site at: http://apt.jckwebdesign.co.uk/alterra-and-pravada-1/ and I can't figure out how to remove the word "Title" from the top of the nav.
      It's probably something really obvious but it's driving me crazy. 

Great plugin by the way....

Jeremy

• FrauAnna
      By FrauAnna+
      Hello,

I need some help with scoll nav used in the boxed layout.
      Please find attachend two screenshots.

If I use "center" or "center fixed" I have the problem that it is always full width and not content/boxed width.
      Additionally the page content is covered. It should be top aligned an just content width.

And if I use the "left fixed" version the buttons again cover my content.
      Is there a way to make them small.

Thanks for helping in advance!

[attachment=2388:Bildschirmfoto-2014-08-26-um-12.01.05.png][attachment=2389:Bildschirmfoto-2014-08-26-um-12.30.10.png]
    • Jarrod H
      By Jarrod H
      So the menu is working great from top to bottom.  But having issues going from bottom to top via menu.

This is the site im working on.  http://westrockwakepark.com/

For example.....

Choosing Pricing scrolls down like a champ.  But then choose About and it comes to the bottom of the title section.  Is there a setting im missing to adjust that?

Thanks,
      Jarrod