Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

pehja

Remove DMS Editor Toolbar Items

pehja

Found this http://www.pagelinestheme.com/remove-dms-editor-toolbar-items/#comments

But when i try to use it the site breaks. Then if I try to use the code in functions.php the sites break.

Just want to be able to remove some things in the toolbar. But I am stuck. So if anyone could guide me there I would be glad.

Thanks!

Professionell musician | Webbdesigner | Apple freak

Pehja Production.png

Rob

Hi Peter,

That's a 3rd party site, and an older post, dating from 31 August.  It relates to the original versions of DMS.  We're now on a much later, greatly improved version, so it doesn't surprise me that the instructions don't work in v 1.1.1.

You may want to contact that site owner (who is also one of the plugin/section developers) and ask him about this.  Unfortunately, it's not something we could support or guide you with.

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur

pehja

Yes I understand. And the plug did not work, so something new must have been done.

Anyways any ideas on how to resolve the issue. That is "removing DMS toolbar items? fom DMS 1.1.1"

Pehja Production.png

Rob

Honestly, I don't know of any ways to accomplish this.  Since Cliff wrote that plugin and provided that information, I'm sure he'd be the best person to ask. 

Rob

I've written him and asked him to chime in.

pehja
Perfect, Thanks!

Pehja Production.png

pehja

Ok not so perfect. Did not work..

Pehja Production.png

James B

Hi Pejha

Have you tried the other code option which is added to the wp config to hide? http://www.pagelinestheme.com/dms-editor-lock-down/

Kindly search the forum and read the documentation before posting. It will help you resolve many issues.

For CSS help be sure to check out W3Schools first and be sure to download FireBug for FireFox for troubleshooting.

James B

pehja

Yes I have tried option three define(‘DMS_DISABLE_ACCOUNT_PANEL’,true); and hat works. But I want to remove the pageline section all together. Video instruction, getting started and support. And also them options.

I have not tried to put the other code in childtheme yet perhaps that will work, The plug did not.

Pehja Production.png