Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

flourishdesignstudio

Remove render-blocking JavaScript in W3 Total Cache

flourishdesignstudio
Rob

I'm not sure that's such a hot idea given that DMS has been optimized already to minimize the load javascript and jQuery have on it.  The DMS Pro Tools plugin does a good job reducing the load time, which is the only reason why you'd want to consolidate javascripting. 

The best solution for speeding it up isn't to combine it, which that Google link is speaking about in the context of old HTML code, but to use something like MaxCDN.com.

Merging the scripts will likely cause a crash, and doesn't factor in the issue that the components of your site are looking for specific links that provide the code they need to function.  With any CDN, the links remain the same, but the code is held in a cloud, so that it remains accessible as needed, but doesn't add any significant load to the server.

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur

• Similar Content

• tstirler
      By tstirler
      Does anyone else have trouble with the DMS-editor when the W3 Total Cache plugin is active.
      If I enable this entering the editor stops at "Loading DMS editor" with the circle spinning, but nothing comes up.

Site in question is:
      www.anotherkindofmonster.com
    • thingCHARGER
      By thingCHARGER+
      I'm finding that the new DMS visual editor gets broken when w3 Total Cache is activated, even if I ask W3TC not to do its thing(s) for logged in admins.

Is anyone using DMS & W3TC successfully?

Did anyone have/solve this problem? 

Any advice on  DMS & W3TC very welcome... 
    • zouleo
      By zouleo
      I'm getting this error more frequently from the W3 Total Cache plugin

[quote]Recently an error occurred while creating the CSS / JS minify cache: Unable to cache remote file: "http://www.skolappar.nu/?pageless=1"[/quote]

It seems as if pageless is very slow. What can I/you do to fix?