Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Alex S

Site Width?

Alex S

Hi everyone,

I'm not sure what this is called, site width maybe? I'm trying to keep my navigation menu at the top from moving with the browser. 

Example:

Full width (normal)

[attachment=1723:Screen Shot 2013-11-02 at 9.57.32 AM.png]

After moving width smaller

[attachment=1724:Screen Shot 2013-11-02 at 9.57.44 AM.png]

Really small

[attachment=1725:Screen Shot 2013-11-02 at 9.57.54 AM.png]

I think the word that I'm looking for is fixed. How can I make the page width fixed so that this does not happen if you decrease browser width?

Rob

Hi,

There are a couple of options in the DMS Tool Bar under Settings > Layout & Nav.  I'd recommend Percentage width, which should keep everything proportionally scaled when someone does shrink a screen,

I can assure you though, that there isn't a trend of people resizing browsers on their computers and resizing that way isn't representative of different device sizes as each uses custom operating systems and CSS.  DMS being fully responsive implements specific code based on the device detected to ensure the site looks correct on those devices.

In terms of fixing the width, that could be done via CSS, however, I'd point out that doing so would eliminate any possible responsiveness. Thus I'm hesitant to provide such code.

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur

Alex S

Rob What happened to static layout like on the previous Pagelines platform? 

James B

Hi there, that option wasn't included in DMS as responsive sites are becoming the standard thing requested etc.

You can add a filter to disable the responsive view and make the site static. See Simons post on this thread for the code http://forum.pagelines.com/topic/31053-dms-111-disable-mobile-view/

Kindly search the forum and read the documentation before posting. It will help you resolve many issues.

For CSS help be sure to check out W3Schools first and be sure to download FireBug for FireFox for troubleshooting.

James B