Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

irfan khan

DMS does not work at all.... made my life difficult

irfan khan

Hi 

I am facing multiple issues with DMS

1. DMS does not work with third party plugins which is not appropriate. 

2. DMS speed is very slow. It takes almost 5 mins to load even while developing on local environment.

3. With DMS my site crashed multiple times. I lost my css & other content. Had to redevelop everything. Did it 3 times but now I am not confident about using DMS on a client site.

4. Editor is distorted number of times. 

5. Support is not good.

6. DMS is very unstable & environment specific. Not easy to install, develop & get site running.

I am very much frustrated and already wasted more than a month trying to get it working. Not confident of using DMS for my clients. I feel like my money has gone waste.

Can you give me refund?

Rob

Dear Irfan,

I'm sorry to hear of your troubles.  Let me address your issues. 

1. DMS does not work with third party plugins which is not appropriate.

DMS works with the majority of plugins, but not every plugin is compatible and often, the compatibility affecting DMS comes from cross-plugin incompatibility.  In other words, two plugins don't work with each other, but the result is seen in DMS because the error they create affects DMS.   With over 30,000 plugins out there, it's impossible for us to insure DMS works with all, and honestly, no content management system, including WordPress, could guaranty that.

2. DMS speed is very slow. It takes almost 5 mins to load even while developing on local environment.

DMS 1.1 made vast improvements to speed management.  It shouldn't take 5 minutes to load in any environment unless there are conflicts or incorrect server settings, even on a local development server.  Please make sure your server settings include sufficient memory allocated to PHP.  The minimum is 40Mb, but the best possible scenario is 256Mb. Other things can cause slowness, such as image file sizes.  In past, when others have complained of slow load times, it turned out they were loading very large images, which vastly slowed down load times. Others with speed issues had plugins causing many errors to load in the background.  If your live sites are slow, you can run a Pingdom.com test to see exactly where the load issues are happening.

3. With DMS my site crashed multiple times. I lost my css & other content. Had to redevelop everything. Did it 3 times but now I am not confident about using DMS on a client site.

Such crashes are indicative of issues not related to DMS, but where there is some coding error or conflict with a plugin or settings. You should not be losing any CSS as it is generally written to the database, not to any static files.  If you've added it to a child theme's style.css or in pagelines-customize plugin's style.css.  Those should never be affected, even if DMS did crash the site.

4. Editor is distorted number of times.

If the editor is showing up incomplete, then you have an incomplete DMS installation, have the dms folder renamed, or have some other conflict, such as plugins.  Try a complete FTP reinstall of DMS and it should resolve.  Memory insufficiency can also cause this issue.

5. Support is not good.

In what way? We're answering all your topics. Is there some specific problem in our replies?

6. DMS is very unstable & environment specific. Not easy to install, develop & get site running.

DMS has been tested for months, and it is used on over 50,000 sites. There are over 100,000 installations to my knowledge.  I respectfully disagree with your comment about installation.  It should have simply been an issue of using the WordPress installer.  DMS uses Chrome's specific tools, which will likely be emulated by other browsers in future.  There's no reason why using Chrome to develop should be a problem, really, as one only uses single programs to do other tasks.  DMS also provides the best, easiest and fastest methodologies to create great sites up and running fast and easy.  Unfortunately, some don't read the documentation, and try to guess what things should do. That naturally leads to frustrations as they often misunderstand functionality of key elements they're using.  Reading the documentation would certainly help, but we're always here to guide, advise and direct anyone in need of help.  Personally, I've helped more than 13,450 clients in the past 2 1/4 years.

You mentioned you've been working with it for more than a month.  Have you updated to 1.1.1? Are you using DMS Pro Tools (which is important for 1.1.x)?

Unfortunately, refunds are not handled by this forum.  You'd have to write to [email protected] and have the person who paid for the product make the request. I cannot guaranty that any refund would be provided, since I don't handle billing issues.

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur