Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

radroz

Hero nav stuck in mobile mode

evan    0
evan

Hey there radroz,

I took a look at your site there.  The problem is that none of the sections styles are present in your compiled css.

You probably need to flush your caches.  Try doing this under "Global Settings > Resets > Flush Caches".

If that doesn't work, try disabling hero nav, refreshing your site, and then re-enabling it and refreshing again.

In trying to reproduce your issue, I was able to get the same result somehow, but the issue is rooted in DMS not loading the styles or caches that won't flush.

Could be a 1.1.1 bug.

Try those things and let me know if that helps!

***EDIT***

It was in fact a bug with Hero Nav 1.2.1.  I am deploying version 1.2.2 right now as a fix!

radroz    10
radroz

I was trying those all night. No Flushed the caches a few times. Same problem. No change with 1.2.2

radroz    10
radroz

Okay, an update. I deactivated all plugins except Hero. Cleared the cache.

Now it shows correctly, but ONLY when logged out. When I'm in the DMS editor, it still shows as a mobile menu. 

evan    0
evan

radroz,

Glad to hear you're at least OK now on the live side.  However, this isn't something I have been able to replicate myself.

Draft mode and live mode do use separate sources for styles, but flushing the cache under Resets should definitely clear those out.

When you say mobile menu, is it the same thing you were seeing in 1.2.1? or the styled menu, just stuck in mobile resolution?

radroz    10
radroz

The singe button with the three horizontal bars. Yes.

evan    0
evan

Sorry to hear you're still having trouble.  Seeing as I cannot reproduce this locally, would you be willing to give me a login to your site for me to see this firsthand?  If so, simply PM me the login and I will check it as soon as I can.

I must let you know that I am currently incredibly busy at the moment (in the process of moving), so I may not be able to look at it until later tomorrow sometime.

Just curious - do you have WP debug on?  Any visible php errors/notices and/or JS errors in the console?

radroz    10
radroz

Okay, I'll get that to you asap. I'm about to turn in since I can sleep knowing that I'm not going to get an angry phone call in the morning. 

• Similar Content

• vikzee
      By vikzee+
      Hero Nav 1.3
      DMS 2.1.9.3
      Wordpress 4.2.2
      I just downloaded the latest version of Hero Nav from my Pagelines account but when I try to upload it to the plugins page it gives me this error:
      The package could not be installed. No valid plugins were found.
      Plugin install failed.
      So I unzipped the package and find that all it contains is a README file.
      Can you send me the latest version (vikzee (@AT@) yahoo.co.uk) in it's entirety or re-load it to the Pagelines site so people who've paid for it can get the latest version?
      Thanks! 
    • AppLEaDaY
      By AppLEaDaY
      Hello.

I did not personally install what I'm trying to fix. I'm working on a preexisting installation of WordPress and Pagelines.
      But when I arrived the problem was already there: just upon posts displaying in the hero nav main menu I get a "Home" link not working,
      due to a anchor completely missing the href attribute.

I made some tests and I noticed what follows.
      The same problem occurs with every plain link I add that hero menu (not with pages), I mean with links showed as CUSTOM Curiously enough I found in a sublevel a link of that kind, it has somehow back in the past inserted by someone else, no me: it works just like it is supposed to do No problem of that kind in a fixed navigation bar (I tried to enable it) I underscore the mentioned problem occurs only when displaying posts, not with pages.

Any clues? Since I'm afraid it may take a too long time to fix this specific problem, I also ask: could you possibly point to what I am supposed to read in order to do without the hero nav bar and use some other navigation bar in the same place of the template?

Thanks in advance

Andrea
    • limelight
      By limelight+
      Hello, I'm having a strange issue with the background of my Hero Nav drop-down being "see through". Can anyone direct me on how to make this solid black instead??  Thank you! 

Site URL: http://multicolores.org/ And there is a drop-down menu when you hover over 'About'.

• ScribbleGD
      By ScribbleGD+
      Hi there,

Whenever I make changes to the formatting options in the Hero Nav section of Site Settings such as font base colour it doesn't appear to change the look of my nav bar,

Any reason as to why this is happening? Screenshot attached.

Thanks.

URL - staging.scribblegraphicdesign.com.au

Tim

• webmktco
      By webmktco+
      Evan,

I've had issues with making edits to the Hero Nav settings for a while now.  I've been able to work around the issue, but I thought I'd bring this to your attention.

Do you know why this is happening and how to fix it?

Here's the debug info: http://josephfoxdds.myddsdev.com/?pldebug=1

WP: 4.0
      DMS: 2.1.1