Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Aires

How would I add a Full width post option

Aires

In most themes I have used in the past they gave a option for either default post template or full width post  kinda like they do pages. How would I add this option in DMS. I tried changing the post default and saving it as a template but it doesn't appear in the back end.

Thanks in Advance   

ndTgvai.jpg

Visit iheartpagelines.com for the latest tutorials on PageLines related products.

Aires

I figured it out just wish I could get it as a drop down. 

ndTgvai.jpg

Visit iheartpagelines.com for the latest tutorials on PageLines related products.

Aires

Well I thought I found a solution to my problem by using custom post types but wordpress doesn't see them as post and they dont show as recent posts so I am open to suggestions. 

ndTgvai.jpg

Danny

Hi,

What do you mean Wordpress doesn't show them as recent posts ? If you're referring to widgets, then there are recent widgets that work with custom post types.

Please search our forums, before posting!

Aires

Well I figured out why it didnt show in flipper ..I had to select which type of post should show there. But When i put that post in a category it doesnt show and the page just loads with a search bar I even added it in all just to see if it would show. Maybe there is a wordpress setting that I do know about when working with custom post types.

http://i.imgur.com/D6YeliI.png

http://i.imgur.com/Nj2oTqU.png

ndTgvai.jpg

Danny

OK so you have created a custom post type called Full Width Posts and when you add this post to a category it doesn't display and gives you the message Nothing Found ?

How did you create your custom post type via a plugin ?

Aires
Yes I used the types plugin

ndTgvai.jpg

Danny

Just installed Types, created a CPT called Full Width Posts. Then created a new post and added it to the Chicken category.

http://d.pr/i/G58T

I have no problem, it may be related to how you setup the CPT.

Aires
Thanks Danny I will have another look at my settings and see what I did wrong.

Thanks

Sent from my Lumia 900 using Tapatalk

ndTgvai.jpg

Danny

No problem mate.