Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

radroz

1.1.1 won't save section changes

radroz

Not only is the site loading in mobile format in Chrome, but the section settings won't change. I put in a class style for that section, publish, and it disappears when I refresh. Help.

DMS 1.1.1

Wordpress 3.7

greenfly

Do you have a link to your site? 

The answer to many issues can be found by searching in the forum before posting as someone else  may very well have had the same problem before you have.  Also, reading the documentation can help you gain a good understanding of how everything works. 

Please do not send me private messages. Occam's razor - The principle states "Keep things simple!"

radroz

http://reflections-salon.com - newest page is the directions page.

The mobile version ONLY shows when logged in. It's damn annoying. And nothing saves when I'm in it. It's happened on another site as well.

radroz

Apparently it's showing as a mobile site for everyone. HUGE problem.

radroz

I just got a call from the client. They're pissed. WHAT is causing this? It happens even when I disable all plugins.

Simon

Probably your cache plugin. Try disabling that 1st, and delete the contents of the cache folder.

radroz

I don't have one installed.

Simon

<!-- WP Super Cache is installed but broken. The constant WPCACHEHOME must be set in the file wp-config.php and point at the WP Super Cache plugin directory. -->

Thats from the bottom of your page, im assuming you still have the cache folder and the rules in place in .htaccess?

radroz

How strange. It's not even installed. Doesn't show up in my plugin list. Let me check the file structure.

radroz

Okay, cleared the supercache info out of the .htaccess. But the problem is persistent. 

radroz

Here's a screen shot of the DMS editor.

Screen-Shot-2013-10-31-at-5.13.59-PM.png

Simon

Well that does not look like a mobile site?

radroz

The nav is showing up as mobile. The iboxes are wrong. The spaces between the lines on the address line are ALL too deep. I've tried everything, deactivating the plugins (just disables those sections). It's clearly a DMS problem.

Simon

Well thats got nothing to do with being in the editor, it looks like that in firefox and chrome logged out too.

radroz

Yes, it does. which is NOT what was before I updated to 1.1.1!!!!!!

radroz

Look at the iboxes and footer here and compared to a logged-out version. you'll see what I'm talking about.

Simon

Are you sure this isnt an issue with Hero-Nav?

radroz

Deactivated all plugins. The header itself is business branding. When I deactivated, it just removed those sections. The rest of the problems remain. SO yes, I'm quite sure it's not Hero Nav.

radroz

Deactivated all plugins. still 23 errors in validation. It's DMS.

Simon

This is DMS, with a textbox like yours
http://validator.w3.org/check?uri=http%3A%2F%2Fpross.org.uk%2Ftest%2F&charset=%28detect+automatically%29&doctype=Inline&ss=1&group=0&user-agent=W3C_Validator%2F1.3+http%3A%2F%2Fvalidator.w3.org%2Fservices

No errors, we would not release anything with 20+ validation errors.

If you want someone to log in and actually have a look just PM a moderator, or myself your login details.

Simon

Ok reduced the errors down to less than 10, the ones left are caused by social media buttons so you can ignore those.

You had an extra </div> in your textbox html, thats what was causing all the other errors.

As for saving classes in a section, as you didnt mention what section i just used to top one on the page, branding, saved a class and deleted it again, nothing wrong there.

Your footer seems to look fine now logged out.

As for the hero-nav issue i can only suggest contacting the author and showing him the site, i see you have the latest version of it installed, Evan is VERY prompt with updates and will be happy to work with you on it.

http://forum.pagelines.com/76-products-by-evan-mattson/

radroz

I guess I need to get with the developer on the business branding too?