Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Steve Kayser

DMS Internal Warning

Steve Kayser

I'm getting 2 errors. One is

It appears your WordPress install can't write to your servers file system. This may adversely affect your sites performance. Check with your host about resolving this issue.
To hide these notices, visit PageLines options panel.

Then the DEbug gives me this

DMS Internal Warning
Less Subsystem
Unable to set filesystem credentials

IS there any documentation to address these? I haven't found it buy searching the forum

noomaking

I too have this message with the same debug warning.

My PHP user is _www. My site user is obviously the site user.

Very confusing on what might be done to set the filesystem credentials properly. Still doesn't work if uploads/pageslines is set to 777. If anybody can read and write to the folder, it is a mystery why PHP cannot write to the folder.

I was following another thread where PHP was suspect and the user might be the culprit. But there is no real answer that I have gleaned. Not sure what to look at next. I have PHP 5.3.4 running on an OSX Lion server. ( soon to be Mavericks server)

greenfly

Hi guys 

This issue is related to server/hosting permissions. 

please check with your hosting provider that wordpress is not running as a server user IE httpd or www-data and that php is running as the user, and the user owns the folder/files. 

The answer to many issues can be found by searching in the forum before posting as someone else  may very well have had the same problem before you have.  Also, reading the documentation can help you gain a good understanding of how everything works. 

Please do not send me private messages. Occam's razor - The principle states "Keep things simple!"