Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

sheilahoff

Indent of UL adds Blockquote style

sheilahoff

In WP I used to be able to just click indent and add indents to the bulleted lists. For some time now whenever I do that WP adds blockquote code also. And apparently the default style for a blockquote is to have a border-left as shown in the code pasted here.

blockquote {border-left: 5px solid rgba(112, 112, 112, 0.6);}

I can manually add custom CSS to remove that border but I want to know why it's automatically added and if there's anything to do about it. It's a PITA. I want to be able to add additional indents to bullets without the extra work. What's going on?

The only place I can show it right now is on this dev site that hasn't been designed yet. See the bullets on the homepage and the ugly line down the left side...that's it! http://makeover.hoffmangraphics.com/

I first posted this on the WP site but they quickly asked me to try it with the default theme. When I activated 2013 the problem went away. That tells us it's something built into DMS. I've been noticing it for months now so it's not just the latest version which I'm using with the latest WP. This problem appears on all my DMS sites. I hope there's a fix. I think it's WRONG to have an indent add a blockquote tag unless I also choose to have a blockquote.

Thanks,
Sheila

Sheila Hoffman | Hoffman Graphics | Seattle

sheilahoff

I'm bumping this to try to get some help from staff. I think it gets lost once it's off the first page of posts.

Danny

Hi,

I have just used the Wordpress visual editor unordered list and have no such issue.

Can you provide the exact steps you take to achieve this please.

Please search our forums, before posting!

Danny

Can you disable all active plugins, as I am not having this issue either. Please be aware that PageLines and DMS do not make any changes to the Wordpress Text/Visual editor.

Please search our forums, before posting!

sheilahoff

I'll explore the plug-in issue and get back later. I have to head to an appointment shortly. Thanks.