Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

WebWerx

Default Site Search Results Page Mods

WebWerx    0
WebWerx

I'd like to clean up the results produced by searchform.php. They are far too verbose (IMHO). I noted a reference to "pagelines_search_form( true )". Where do I go to tailor the results into something better? 

​Thanks for any and all input!

Simon    247
Simon

All that function does is echo the searchform html.

The Framework does not alter the search query in any way. If you want to do that you will need a wordpress filter/plugin.

WebWerx    0
WebWerx

Thanks Simon. I am used to seeing a snippet with a "Read More" link. On this site, I get the entire post/page content. Odd... And what is really driving my interest in changing things. Thoughts / comments?

Danny    1,327
Danny

If you're seeing your full post on a search page, you most likely have full post content on search option checked, you can disable this in the Blog & Post settings.

Please search our forums, before posting!

WebWerx    0
WebWerx

Bingo! Thanks danny. I guess it's easy when you in this stuff all day eh?  :beerhat:

Danny    1,327
Danny

No problem :D

Please search our forums, before posting!

• Similar Content

• John Olsson
      By John Olsson+
      Hello, i'm working on a webshop, and got this code to really boost the search within WP. But when adding this code to functions.php the front end media library search flipped totally, and not working at all, any ideas what's the problem?
      function atom_search_where($where){ global $wpdb; if (is_search()) $where .= "OR (t.name LIKE '%".get_search_query()."%' AND {$wpdb->posts}.post_status = 'publish')"; return $where; } function atom_search_join($join){ global $wpdb; if (is_search()) $join .= "LEFT JOIN {$wpdb->term_relationships} tr ON {$wpdb->posts}.ID = tr.object_id INNER JOIN {$wpdb->term_taxonomy} tt ON tt.term_taxonomy_id=tr.term_taxonomy_id INNER JOIN {$wpdb->terms} t ON t.term_id = tt.term_id"; return $join; } function atom_search_groupby($groupby){ global $wpdb; // we need to group on post ID $groupby_id = "{$wpdb->posts}.ID"; if(!is_search() || strpos($groupby, $groupby_id) !== false) return $groupby; // groupby was empty, use ours if(!strlen(trim($groupby))) return $groupby_id; // wasn't empty, append ours return $groupby.", ".$groupby_id; } add_filter('posts_where','atom_search_where'); add_filter('posts_join', 'atom_search_join'); add_filter('posts_groupby', 'atom_search_groupby');  
    • Queue-it
      By Queue-it+
      HI,
      Search function doesn't seem to work. 
      When ever searching for something it redirect to the home page and add the search string to the url.
      For example searching for "cases" it would display https://queue-it.com/?s=cases
      Do you know how to solve that? 
    • MissT
      By MissT+
      Would be great to have the ability to include a search option within menus and within Splashup - is this possible?
    • balfred1345
      By balfred1345
      null When I tested Search using the search field in Navi, it throws the error as shown in pastebin: http://pastebin.com/DJ079bmy
      Is there a fix for this? If there is no fix, can you please tell me how to disable search in Navi?
      Thanks,
      Bruce
    • MissT
      By MissT+
      Hi there,
      Just wondering if there is a reason why there is no search option within Multimenu as there is with Navi - would be good if it did have it and it worked in a similar way and you could switch it off when you need to.
      Many thanks.