Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

tobybennett

How to Add H1 Tag to Homepage

tobybennett    0
tobybennett

Using DMS v.1.1.1 and I am looking to add an <h1> tag to my homepage to improve SEO. What is the best way to do this? 

Thanks for your help.

CrispCulture.com

Danny    1,327
Danny

Hi,

You can add one by adding a TextBox, MediaBox or Widgetized Area and then add the <h1>My Sites Name</h1>

Please search our forums, before posting!

• Similar Content

• StuLeeUK
      By StuLeeUK+
      Good morning,
      I have set up my homepage using the Elements sections, a Masthead at the top and then a selection of Heroes lower down.
      I only just realised that the Heroes set a H1, as does the Masthead.
      Is there an easy way I can change the Heroes to an H2/H3 etc so as to improve the structure of my headers, whilst keeping the Masthead as H1?
      I really don't know much at all about CSS, which is why I use Pagelines because it's just so easy to create good looking pages without too much confusion.

page for reference is https://www.avangocouriers.co.uk
      Thanks,
      Stu
    • Claudio
      By Claudio+
      I have a problem with the typography settings. I set the H1 class with "font-weight: 300;" (Very thin weight), and "font-size: 50px;" (To have considerable evidence of my problem). Unfortunately, as you can see on the screenshots, those setting don't have any incidence on the site, Infact in the home page editor there is a trial title called "Text test", bold, and 26 px approximatly sized.
      Why the typography settings are not transposed on the site? Where I wrong?

• dawsonbarber
      By dawsonbarber+
      I just noticed that blog posts use <h2> for the post title. Custom post type posts also default to <h2>.

I checked the source code on a number of posts and couldn't find any evidence of an <h1> tag.

Just to see what would happen, I enabled Legacy mode, checked the source code, and saw that blog post titles and custom post type post titles were both wrapped in <h1> tags.

What's the deal with this?
    • allanlove
      By allanlove+
      Hi

Can someone please give me the custom css I need to change the size of the font used for the h1 tags without it affecting h2, h3, h4 etc?

Thanks

Allan 
    • Keith Vaugh
      By Keith Vaugh+
      Hi All 

I have being trying to sort out the titles on the blog page with no success. URL: https://www.magva.com

The CSS I have include is:
      h2 { font-family: 'Melbourne', sans-serif; font-weight: 600; font-style: normal; color: #925c21; font-size: 16px; } h4 { font-family: 'Melbourne', sans-serif; font-weight: 600; font-style: normal; color: #925c21; font-size: 16px; } If I pop an a after the h2 or h4 and before the curly brackets, it losses all formatting replacing with large font size that is defined in the theme fonts.

As it is, it's not rendering the font the color that I was hoping for. 

Also is it possible to force's caps on the the titles, have tried adding:
      text-transform: capitalize; and 
      text-transform:uppercase; with no success.

Thanks in advance