Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

toddlo

Nav menu colors

toddlo

The color changes in Firefox, but not in Chrome...

Rob

I don't think there are docs for that yet.  Probably why my colleagues didn't reply.  Apologies.

If you have the Base theme installed,  you can create your templates, and export the config. Look under Settings > Import & Export.

As for it not working in Chrome, you'll need to find the same element in Chrome's Inspect Tool for the applicable hover, active and focus options I used in Firebug.   You'll get the code for Chrome there.

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur

Rob

Try replacing the code I gave you before with this:

.dropdown-menu li > a:hover, .dropdown-menu li > a:focus, .dropdown-submenu:hover > a, .dropdown-menu li.current-menu-item > a {
    background-color: #426097;
    background-image: -moz-linear-gradient(center top , #5E87D1, #426097);
    background-image: -webkit-linear-gradient(top,#5E87D1, #426097);
    background-image: -o-linear-gradient(top,#5E87D1, #426097);
    background-repeat: repeat-x;
    color: #FFFFFF;
    text-decoration: none;
    text-shadow: 0 -1px 0 rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.5);
}

toddlo

Thank you. That worked. Now the only problem I have is why did it take 28 messages to get here...

Rob

If that's the only problem, you're in good straights.  Identifying these issues is often tedious investigation for us too. And we're not supposed to be providing CSS, technically.   As long as it works, I'm sure that's what counts.

toddlo

Well, I appreciate you doing that but this has got to get easier to use or I'm not going to be able to use it for client development. Simple things like changing menu colors should be built in, not require custom coding...

Rob

I understand your point, but I only moderate, not develop.  I agree with your point too, but also understand the millions of variables that make settings very, very difficult for every single option.   And you're very welcome for the help.