Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

toddlo

Storify?

greenfly

Hello livingbusiness - are you using this storify plugin ? http://wordpress.org/plugins/storify/

The answer to many issues can be found by searching in the forum before posting as someone else  may very well have had the same problem before you have.  Also, reading the documentation can help you gain a good understanding of how everything works. 

Please do not send me private messages. Occam's razor - The principle states "Keep things simple!"

toddlo

Yup. I thought that was clear from the first post, but yes I am. Do I have to use the shortcode with dms?

greenfly

Just making sure it was the same plugin. Just testing this for you now 

The answer to many issues can be found by searching in the forum before posting as someone else  may very well have had the same problem before you have.  Also, reading the documentation can help you gain a good understanding of how everything works. 

Please do not send me private messages. Occam's razor - The principle states "Keep things simple!"

greenfly

Hello Toddlo

The plugin isn't showing the storify when you paste in either the short or full URL.

As this is a third party plugin you would have to request support from the developer of the plugin here  http://wordpress.org/support/plugin/storify - they may be able to provide a workaround. 

Also on the support forum here http://wordpress.org/support/topic/publish-doesnt-publish-a-wp-postthere is a similar issue that seems to suggest the issues may be related to WP and not DMS. There are a few other related problems on the WP plugin support forum. 

toddlo

In what kind of section should a storify page be displayed?

greenfly

The plugin works by loading the storify in where you paste in the URL. You can paste a URL in text box 

Ideally you would write a blog post and paste in the URL to show the Storify post in the content of your blog post. 

It depends where you want the content to appear but if the plugin was working as it should - you paste in the URL for the storify and it displays the storify. it shouldn tmatter where you paste it i don't think.

Seems impossible to test it though as the plugin isn't working. 

toddlo

But the plugin worked fine with Canvas from WooThemes. When I applied the dms, it stopped working...

toddlo

And it works with new posts -- just not the old pages I had created...

James B

I don't use storify but looking on the support website for the plugin it seems that it has it's own admin panel. If you go back into the older stories in the storify editor are you able to edit and republish? Do they appear then like the newer posts do?

Kindly search the forum and read the documentation before posting. It will help you resolve many issues.

For CSS help be sure to check out W3Schools first and be sure to download FireBug for FireFox for troubleshooting.

James B

toddlo

No, I am not able to go back and republish. I sent and email to storify. Maybe they will help. Thank you...