Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

OBourgeois

1.1.1 Page Title desapear

OBourgeois

All is in the title ?

After upgrading WP and DMS to 1.1.1 the title of our pages are not displayed anymore

Any idea ? 

Olivier Bourgeois

CEO of Fastnet SA & MailCleaner Anti Spam

greenfly

Hello revilob - could we have a link to your site please? 

The answer to many issues can be found by searching in the forum before posting as someone else  may very well have had the same problem before you have.  Also, reading the documentation can help you gain a good understanding of how everything works. 

Please do not send me private messages. Occam's razor - The principle states "Keep things simple!"

OBourgeois

sorry Martin our site is not online for now...

Danny has received the login information to access this website for another case a couple of weeks ago

I see also that the compatibility mode was not available now and it was activated just before the update ...

Best regards

Olivier Bourgeois

Danny

I have deleted the email when I resolved your previous issue. Therefore, can you resend the email contain your username, password and link to the site in question so we can take a closer look.

Please search our forums, before posting!

Danny

Just attempted to use the details you provided on your email, but they do not work. I tried the details on the Authentication to access your site, but they didn't work. Therefore, I assume the username and password were mean't for Wordpress?

OBourgeois

mail sent

Update to WP 3.7.1 and DMS 1.4 does not solve the problem :-)

Olivier Bourgeois

OBourgeois

update to 1.4.1 and the problem is still here

Some news?

Olivier

Olivier Bourgeois

Danny

Hi,

You can enable the Page titles here - http://d.pr/i/bRC

However, there isn't a global option as of this moment, I have reported this issue to our tracker.

OBourgeois

And do that manually on our 310 pages !

depending of your roadmap, we can wait some weeks, ou new website will not be published before one month for sure but it depends on your patches for that ...

any idea if we can set that directly in the mysql database ?

please inform me

Olivier Bourgeois

Erwan

Hi reivilob,

Just curious: did you really manage to apply the "show page title?" option of the content/postloop section globally/to all your pages once and for all before 1.1 ;)?

It's a local scope option, and the issue is pending since DMS launch as far as I'm aware: Danny already reported it 3 months ago:

https://github.com/pagelines/DMS/issues/264.

IMHO, the issue posted by James B just duplicates this old one: good reminder though ;)!

OBourgeois

Hi 

I can not remember if before upgrate to 1.1 we have set this option or not, but for sure all the titles where on all our pages :-)

Olivier

Olivier Bourgeois

Rob

I suspect there's a reason why Show Page Titles isn't a global option.  If it were, and people decided not to display the page title, it would be an equally difficult task to turn if off.

Unfortunately, until our developers prioritize this issue, the only method is to go to each page and modify it.  I did a time-motion test and it takes about 46 seconds per page to make the change. That means its less than 4 hours to get the 300+ pages converted. Yes, I know it's tedious and humbly apologize for that.  I should point out that I have over 1700 pages on my site, so I am more than sympathetic.

Another method might be to use a hook, with conditionals so that your static homepage, for example, doesn't display it.

If you're using Action Map, find the postloop for pages and use something like this in Hooker for that related hook:

<?php if (is_front_page() ) { /*Do nothing*/ } else { the_title(); }

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur