Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

onlyamd4000

CSS cell background color

onlyamd4000

Im trying to add a background color to a particular cell with this code.....

<td bgcolor="#FFFF99"><span style="font-size: 14px;"><strong>

Nothing seems to show up but the template color.  Tried using !important with no luck.

Any advice?

greenfly

Hello onlyamd4000 - could we have a link to the site and page with this on it please? 

The answer to many issues can be found by searching in the forum before posting as someone else  may very well have had the same problem before you have.  Also, reading the documentation can help you gain a good understanding of how everything works. 

Please do not send me private messages. Occam's razor - The principle states "Keep things simple!"

greenfly

Hello Onlyamd4000 

Can you confirm you want to replicate the following? http://d.pr/i/kBcx 

Also, how have you pasted in the code for the tables? if you have pasted the HTML into the actual page - code you please paste that code to paste.pagelines.com and send a link to it. Please do not paste the code onto the forum. 

The answer to many issues can be found by searching in the forum before posting as someone else  may very well have had the same problem before you have.  Also, reading the documentation can help you gain a good understanding of how everything works. 

Please do not send me private messages. Occam's razor - The principle states "Keep things simple!"

onlyamd4000

That looks great! Hopefully it's not the whole table.  Thank you

greenfly

code you please paste that code to paste.pagelines.com and send a link to it. Please do not paste the code onto the forum. 

greenfly

Hello onlamd4000 

We are a bit limited as to how much we can help with custom code. 

However, please try adding the color style inline to the following code 

<td width="194"><span class="style18">Business</span></td>

This should explain how to add the inline style http://www.w3schools.com/html/html_css.asp

onlyamd4000

I figured it out with your help.  Thank you very much

greenfly

great news 

Would you mind sharing how you did it in case anyone else has the same issue? ;)

onlyamd4000

In order to highlight a specified table row...

<style type="text/css">
<!--
.style8 {font-size: 14px; background-color:#FFFF99} -->
.style21 {font-size: 16px; font-weight: bold; }
--></style>
<h4>Job Openings</h4>
<table style="width: 100%;" border="1">
<tbody>
<tr class="style8">
<td width="194"><span class="style21">Business</span></td>
<td width="335"><span class="style21">Position</span></td>
<td width="119"><span class="style21">Date Entered</span></td>
</tr>
</tbody>
</table>

Each table row to be highlighted will need the specified style above it ("style8")