Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

JawDesigns

Background Parallax - can you mirror the background image

JawDesigns

Hi to all,

I've been playing with the 'Background Parallax' feature which looks promising for the effect I am looking to achieve. However, when the background gets repeated vertically I was wondering if there's a possibility to mirror the background image when it's repeated? For example I have a few swirls and suddenly you notice that the texture is being repeated due to where the graphics end and start. However, if I could mirror the graphic (maybe using CSS?) you might not notice where the texture ends and starts. I hope this makes sense?

If there's any tips on achieving this effect using the 'Background Parallax' feature please let me know and thanks for any help on this!

Thanks, James

James Wilson

Designer & Photographer

Danny

Hi James, 

Not sure what you mean, if the image is being repeated all that means is that your image doesn't have a large enough height for the area it has been added to, so there isn't enough image for the scroll effect to take place, so the image is repeated.

Please search our forums, before posting!

JawDesigns

Hi Danny,

Yes the image is repeated because there is not enough vertical image for the scroll to take place. However, when it's repeated I wanted to know if I can mirror the repeat? Take a look at my example attached. The left side (in my example) shows what happens now but on the right is what I want to achieve so it's harder to notice where the image is repeated. I am not sure if you can do this using CSS or if there is a certain background property that I could use?

Thanks,

James

James Wilson

Designer & Photographer

greenfly

There may be some answers to your question in the following article on CSS background image hacks http://nicolasgallagher.com/css-background-image-hacks/ 

The answer to many issues can be found by searching in the forum before posting as someone else  may very well have had the same problem before you have.  Also, reading the documentation can help you gain a good understanding of how everything works. 

Please do not send me private messages. Occam's razor - The principle states "Keep things simple!"

JawDesigns

Hi Martin,

That's a very useful read for me so thanks very much for passing on that information!

Cheers, James

James Wilson

Designer & Photographer