Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

camaran

contentBox and text Area

camaran

Hi,

for some section in DMS i use ContentBox but this i not supported again, i tri to use text area but the CSS and other shortcode nit have the some output of contentBox con you check?

the code use in content box (not work form-inline class and other class input-prepend, add-on)

<form method="get" action="https://webchat.chatme.im" target="_blank" class="form-inline">
	<div class="input-prepend"><span class="add-on"><i class="icon-user"></i></span>
		<input type="email" placeholder="jid@chatme.im" name="u" required="required" autocomplete="off">
	</div>
	<div class="input-prepend"><span class="add-on"><i class="icon-key"></i></span>
		<input type="password" required="required" name="q" placeholder="Password" autocomplete="off">
	</div>
	<input type="hidden" name="h" value="1" />
	<button type="submit" class="btn btn-success"><i class="icon-group icon-large"></i> Entra in chat</button> <a class="btn btn-info" target="blank" href="https://webchat.chatme.im"><i class="icon-plus-sign icon-large"></i> Registrati</a>
</form>

camaran

i must write all code inline?

Simon

Only where you dont want a linebreak.

Simon

Well the icons are inline whats it supposed to look like?

camaran

yes all inline but wordpress add <p> tag

Simon

wordpress will add p and br tags unless your html is inline.

greenfly

Hello camaran - please can you paste exact code you are using here - paste.pagelines.com - please dop not paste the code into the forum. 

If you can share the link to the post i will test this out for you. 

The answer to many issues can be found by searching in the forum before posting as someone else  may very well have had the same problem before you have.  Also, reading the documentation can help you gain a good understanding of how everything works. 

Please do not send me private messages. Occam's razor - The principle states "Keep things simple!"

James B

Hi there,

I see http://screencast.com/t/8HFE5zm9 when i test your code, I'm not sure form the initial post what effect you're looking to achieve though. The icons are inline at the moment, if you could let us know exactly how you'd like it to look or provide with a mockup of the layout you're trying to achieve we'll see if we can suggest further for you.

Kindly search the forum and read the documentation before posting. It will help you resolve many issues.

For CSS help be sure to check out W3Schools first and be sure to download FireBug for FireFox for troubleshooting.

James B

camaran

All in one line also the buttons in the same row, you can see in chatme.im/home the effect with contentBox

Danny

I am slightly confused by this topic, is this resolved or not ?

As it appears that none of us actually know what you want to achieve, I have views the chatme.im website, is this your website or are you trying to achieve the same look ?

If you're trying to achieve the same look, can you provide a link to the site where you're having an issue, so we can take a closer look.

Please search our forums, before posting!

camaran

hi, chatme.im it's my website but now i use contetBox, i try to use textArea and delet CotentBox but i not able to have the same aspect.

I must have all buttons in one line and not in two line how now result in textArea.

Can you help me to use textArea or other supported DMS section for have the same aspect that i have now with contentBox?

now in my test site when i try to use textArea i have this http://screencast.com/t/8HFE5zm9 but all form must br in single line

Danny

Imo, it isn't an issue with the MediaBox or TextBox, its your code.

You should wrap those buttons inside a div and add the display inline property to it.

http://d.pr/i/jZsS

camaran

can you copy me the code that you used for this?

Danny

Just wrap a div around the buttons and style it using a custom class with the display: inline property.

camaran

Just wrap a div around the buttons and style it using a custom class with the display: inline property.

can you paste the code? i try but not work

Danny

No you misunderstood, the image I shown you wasn't saying that simply adding display: inline will work. I was trying to say that your code isn't correct, you will want to wrap both the inputs and buttons in a div and then use float: left to position them correctly.

Either way, you're going to need to use custom CSS to display them inline.

Danny

Well its supposed to work, but Wordpress loves adding linebreaks when you have a new line. So I have just tried to use the [pl_raw] shortcode. However, that hasn't worked, so I will speak to our developers and see what we can do.