Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

tsalstrand

Navbar - Parent Nav Activate

tsalstrand

I'm working on a site for a client and am hoping that there is an easy fix to my problem.

The Navbar is working good, but when there are child navigation items, it doesn't allow for selecting the parent nav from the Navbar menu...

As you can see from this screen shot, the menu is activated by hover... however when clicking on the "business" parent nav, nothing happens despite the fact that the page exists and is associated in the WP menu. 

2013-10-27-22_21_24-XtremeMortgageWorX-_

I understand that for mobile devices we don't want to have it as an active menu item... because it'll be hard to access. But now there is a menu slide out, so it shouldn't be a problem because I setup two different menus. 

Btw, here is the site: http://xtrememortgageworx.com/business/

Any quick ideas on how I do this?

Danny

Hi,

There is no fix for this as this is how the NavBar was designed. The NavBar section is based on Bootstrap and all Bootstrap navigation menus do not allow the parent item to be a link, as they act as anchors. Where you activate your sub menu via a click and not on hover.

If you do not like this functionality, you will need to use an alternative menu section.

Please search our forums, before posting!

tsalstrand
Danny,
Thanks for the quick feedback. Does DMS have another nav section that I can buy that'll do all that I need? (ie same as navbar but including parent nav linkable).

Does Nick's crackbar do that?

Thanks again for the help!

Danny

CrackBar is based on the Navbar, but has more options and colors schemes, as far as I know. If you want a Menu where the sub menu is activated via hover or click, you should probably check out UberMenu. The developer has also created a section on the store, which you use inconjuction with ubermenu.

http://wpmegamenu.com/

Please search our forums, before posting!