Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

amir

Remove Margin Around the Logo and Header

amir    0
amir

Hi,

I have two questions regarding to the header/logo and the main navigation bar:

1- I like to know how I can remove/reduce the margins around the logo/header that the image is closer to the top of the page and main navigation bar? I like to be able to have more control over the top, left, right, and buttom margins.

2- I like to change the background color, text color, text size, and border color of the main navigation bar. I know there are few default colors we could use, but I was wondering if there is an easy way to chnage these parameters much easier.

I really appreciate your help.

Amir

Rob    547
Rob

Amir,

1. You can use tools like Chrome's Inspect Tool to examine the specific areas of the header you want to modify.  The CSS will be displayed.  You can test it and then copy the successful code to your Custom Code area. If you're not familiar with CSS, please let us know, and provide a link to the site.

2. We need to know if you're using the NavBar or Nav Classic or BrandNav in your site. A link would help us.

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur

amir    0
amir

Rob,

I really appreciate your reply. I have almost zero clue about the CSS codes and I don't know how to begin with.
I am building the site locally right now and because of that, the live URL would not show anything for now till I upload everything to my server.
I have the professional version of PageLines Framework V2.4.4. The navigation is just the standard out of the box after I installed the PageLines Framework V2.4.4 on my Wordpress.

I hope these are enough information. Please let me know if you need any other information.

Thanks,
Amir

Rob    547
Rob

Amir,

Try this:

#branding .content .content-pad {

padding: 0;
}

amir    0
amir

okay, let me upload what ever I have to the server. Give me 10 minutes or so.

Rob    547
Rob

Okay! :D

Rob    547
Rob

I can see that.  Don't rush.   It's best to go back, delete what you previously installed and reinstall Framework.  It goes in wp-content/themes and the folder must be named pagelines.  You can't change the folder or any file names.

amir    0
amir

I never knew it will be so dificult to create the website locally and upload it to the server. I have no idea what I am doing wrong. I can't access the admin page to reinstall the PageLines.

amir    0
amir

Is there a way to tell, no margin on top, but keep the other three sides?

Rob    547
Rob

Sure.  Replace padding: 0; with

padding-top: 0;

padding: 15;

• Similar Content

• lionel1
      By lionel1
      Hi,
      i try to put some images (Logos) in the Agency module / clients module section
      But i only can put 6 logos though the module propose to add more item
      Thanks for ur help
      Lionel 
      Capture d’écran 2017-06-27 à 20.55.27.png 
    • bnapoli
      By bnapoli+
      http://731.34b.myftpupload.com/ this website is using the NavPro navigation in Platform 5. It has a lot of menu items, so it breaks to two lines when the window is sized down. What is the media query to make the navigation either a) switch to "mobile mode" at a higher width, or b ) expand the nav into two lines. Thanks
    • Grant Turck
      By Grant Turck+
      Navbar Broken on All Devices When Not Logged Into Wordpress. See screenshots attached from mobile. What is causing this issue and how do I fix? Site is venicepride [dot] org.

• flourishdesignstudio
      By flourishdesignstudio
      Hello,
      I have an older site that was built using PageLines several years ago (prior to the release of DMS). I wanted to leverage some of the power of your new PL5 plugin but the theme prevents be from adding any generated custom sidebars to the theme (through the drag and drop interface) and does not allow me to add any PL5 sections/containers/etc to the header or footer. Is there any way to easily override that or am I stuck only using PL5 in the content areas of the site?
      Thanks so much for the help!
    • nadielp
      By nadielp+
      Hi Everyone,
      I am trying to get a single navigation item to center. I am using a scroll menu in the navigation component of Impulse. I would like to have the item in the center of the page but it defaults right. I tried setting the item to center a few different ways and nothing is working. I added {
        display: inline-block;
        position: relative;
        text-align: center;
      }
      but that didn't work...any help would be appreciated. Site is at http://vetpaw.org/new

Thanks!
      Daniel