Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

gtg468y

My website doesn't look good on iPhone

gtg468y+    0
gtg468y

My website looks jumbled.  All the boxes are on top of each other, and the navigation menu is on top of the slideshow.  Is there anything I need to do?  Am I doing something wrong with my code?

Thank you!

Rob    547
Rob

gtg468y

I'm not seeing any issues with your site.  I've checked it in IE, Firefox and Chrome. 

Are you seeing this only when logged in as admin? After upgrading to 3.7?

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur

gtg468y+    0
gtg468y

Using iPhone.  It looks very cluttered.  Has this issue been observed with Wordpress or Pagelines elsewhere?

Rob    547
Rob

I see what you mean on my Android.

Likely you have some CSS customization or are using Boxes (which are not responsive)

You also have created inline CSS setting the max-width of the box images to 300px.  Fixed sizes like that destroy responsiveness.

My recommendation is to either upgrade to Framework https://github.com/pagelines/PageLines-Framework  and use responsive elements found at http://support.pagelines.me/?s=responsive+grid

Or better yet, take the plunge and use DMS, which is mobile ready.  We really can't support customizations in an outdated version of Framework.  Our support is limited to Framework version 2.4.4 and you're using 2.3.8, which is at least 5 versions behind.

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur

• Similar Content

• jdubdigi
      By jdubdigi+
      Onepage plugin is not working on an iphone. The page does not scroll properly and sections are partially missing, any ideas what the problem could be?
    • ivaemer
      By ivaemer+
      I've got the problem with Onepage plugin ..
      First two sections - Intro and Gallery Module are not showing on iPhone and iPad...help asap please

• GreyFoxWebDesign
      By GreyFoxWebDesign+
      Hi, so I have an issue that seems specific to iPhones.
      I have 2 "Menus" in a container both set to 6 columns (see image A) - I have added the classes .menuleft and .menuright
      When this gets to 768px and the mobile menu kicks in, both sections revert to 12 columns (or 100% width) so the 2 menus are stacked on top of each other. I want them to remain inline so that they look like image B - so need to control the section width.
      I have added the following CSS:
      .menuleft[class*='pl-col-'] {
        max-width: 22%;
        margin-left: 3%;
        padding-right: 0em;
        padding-left: 0em;
        float: left !important;
      }
      .menuright[class*='pl-col-'] {
        max-width: 74%;
        margin-right: 1%;
        padding-right: 0em;
        padding-left: 0em;
        float: left !important;
      }
      This works well for Android phones, on all online emulators and in Chrome mobile inspector, but does not seem to work on iPhones. I don't have an iPhone so it's very hard to test. Any help would be appreciated. The site is currently live at quitegoodcards.com.
      PS Is there a way to target the li items in the mobile menu toggle (image C) that does not effect the desktop li? There doesn't seem to be a separate class to apply.
      Thanks in advance

• Bleuy
      By Bleuy+
      Problem: Full Screen Revslider content runs off the screen on mobile devices (particularly calls to action buttons).  I've used the <br> to break up the text, however the call to action buttons run off the screen.  Therefore without making the fix too technical (and I can see some VERY technical resolutions on here) my client just wants to simple centre justify the text when being viewed on a mobile device.  
      Any ideas on how best to achieve this in a simple, non too technical way?
      Thanks very much in advance

• bartok
      By bartok+
      Masonic gallery sorting feature does not work in portrait mode on iPhone. After selecting an individual category and then scrolling down the page, every box reappears. Test it out for yourself: http://themes.pagelines.com/dms/portfolio-fullwidth-masonry/. What is the fix for this?