Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

illinimatt81

DMS 1.1.1 and Wordpress 3.7 ok on Sandbox but breaks Live Site

illinimatt81

I copied my production site over to my local environment sandbox and updated all of my plugins, updated DMS from 1.0.3 to 1.1.1 and updated Wordpress to 3.7 to test. All looked good across the sandbox in all browsers so I proceeded with the update on my live production server.

Afterwards, on my live site all looked fine in Chrome, but Firefox and IE completely broke and there was no formatting. I then reverted back to my backup as a fix for now.

Is there any reason everything would look fine in the sandbox but not on the live? They are exact copies of one another so this makes no sense...

My live site is on a Managed VPS with WiredTree so should not be any host issues.

illinimatt81

Posting updates as I troubleshoot.

I am updating things one by one and none of the plugins nor DMS 1.1.1 are at fault as all works when updated with Wordpress 3.6 on the production server. Seems to be something with Wordpress 3.7

Rob

Matt,

On the new live production site, go to Dashboard > Settings > Permalinks and without changing anything, just save the settings.  It sounds like the CSS isn't being read in those browsers. It is being read in Chrome because you were editing there. 

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur

Rob

Yes, I'm noticing that 3.7 is having some minor issues, but not on DMS only.  It just affected one of my Framework sites and a non-PageLines site I have (don't tell my boss :D).

illinimatt81

Matt,

On the new live production site, go to Dashboard > Settings > Permalinks and without changing anything, just save the settings.  It sounds like the CSS isn't being read in those browsers. It is being read in Chrome because you were editing there. 

Rob Ok, I held my breath and updated the live to WP 3.7 just now and followed these instructions

All seems to be working! 

Interesting fix, but it worked. The site seems faster with DMS 1.1.1 and WP 3.7

Rob

Phew! I was hoping with baited breath it would work!  I'm so happy it did!