Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

BentleyD

Change Flipper "view" text

BentleyD+    2
BentleyD

Hey guys,

How can I change the "view" text on the flipper. I've inspected the element but I cant seem to find where that text lies. Can you help?

Rob    547
Rob

Hi,

In the latest version of Flipper, there's a part called Flipper Title Text.  Change that and if you don't want View Blog, you can hide it by checking "Hide link".

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur

BentleyD+    2
BentleyD

Rob the flipper title text refers to the title in the left corner. What I am referring to is the text that appears when you hover over the box. It says view and I want it to say listen. How can I achieve this?

BentleyD+    2
BentleyD

You're telling me I have to do offline PHP work to change it to say Listen? That seems pretty drastic. What's another option?

Simon    247
Simon

No you have 2 choices...

Either copy the section and edit the PHP, then you locked into never getting updates for that section...

Or, use the link i posted to create a translation file that changes that 1 word, no php will be edited...

BentleyD+    2
BentleyD

First of all there is no customize file in DMS also no pagelines.pot file , second of all how can I not just pick a selector and change the text?

Rob    547
Rob

There is a dms.po file in 1.1.1 located in the /language folder.

I believe this is what's in it:

#: ../sections/flipper/section.php:266
#: ../sections/postloop/class.posts.php:505
msgid "View"
msgstr ""

However, if you edit the dms.po file and leave it in the /languages folder, on the next upgrade, your change would be lost.

As Simon points out, you can create a /language folder in the pagelines-customize plugin, and upload that file there. 

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur

BentleyD+    2
BentleyD
en_US.mo
en_US.po
readme.txt

This is all that is in the DMS Languages folder?

• Similar Content

• Claudio
      By Claudio+
      I have a problem with the typography settings. I set the H1 class with "font-weight: 300;" (Very thin weight), and "font-size: 50px;" (To have considerable evidence of my problem). Unfortunately, as you can see on the screenshots, those setting don't have any incidence on the site, Infact in the home page editor there is a trial title called "Text test", bold, and 26 px approximatly sized.
      Why the typography settings are not transposed on the site? Where I wrong?

• dreamsight
      By dreamsight+
      We only want the images and title mouse-over, not link/click to the actual post the title is from.
      Any ideas anyone?
      Thanks
    • yemoonyah
      By yemoonyah+
      I just installed and added the Flipper section to my home page and it makes my navigation/menu bar items disappear.
      They do show up again when scrolling down and everything seems normal on the other pages.
      http://yemoonyah.com
      Thanks.

• king_kcm
      By king_kcm
      Is there any way to hide the excerpt in Flipper, and the navigation arrows?
    • nandorj78
      By nandorj78+
      How do I hide (or change) the category title in the Flipper section?
      Could there be a setting for this in the editor?