Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

alexb

Nav Bar Search Box Text

alexb

Hi all

A little while ago I posted to the forum about either amending or deleting the word 'SEARCH' in the Nav Bar search box.

Initially I downloaded the customise plug in and added the following to the function.php in between the dotted lines as instructed:

add_filter('pagelines_search_form','override_search_form');

function override_search_form() {

$searchfield = sprintf('<input type="text" value="" name="s" class="searchfield" placeholder="%s" />', 'SEARCH THE SITE'); // modify here

$searchform = sprintf('<form method="get" class="searchform" onsubmit="this.submit();return false;" action="%s/" ><fieldset>%s</fieldset></form>', home_url(), $searchfield);

return $searchform;

}

Unfortunately, this didn't change the text in the search box.

I'm pretty relaxed about whether I change the text or make it vanish...but I'm struggling here alas.

Can anyone give me any pointers?

Cheers

Alex

greenfly

The answer to many issues can be found by searching in the forum before posting as someone else  may very well have had the same problem before you have.  Also, reading the documentation can help you gain a good understanding of how everything works. 

Please do not send me private messages. Occam's razor - The principle states "Keep things simple!"

alexb

Thanks Martin - but that previous topic was posted by me! And I never actually resolved it!

greenfly

HellO Alex - sorry i was linking to the other topic you mentioned when we investigate this for you 

The answer to many issues can be found by searching in the forum before posting as someone else  may very well have had the same problem before you have.  Also, reading the documentation can help you gain a good understanding of how everything works. 

Please do not send me private messages. Occam's razor - The principle states "Keep things simple!"

alexb

Ah ok...thanks. I'm not sure if this is an issue with DMS, something specific I am not doing, or other...