Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

webmatros

Styling of buttons (Masthead)

webmatros

Aloha fellow DMS'ers:)

I'm styling the buttons of the Masthead section (though this probably also applies to buttons in other sections), and is wondering about the class-names of the various color options.

Red = .important

Black = .inverse

etc.

What's the logic? I assume there must be somewhere in DMS where I can define that f.e. ".important" should be labeled "Muy Importantes" in the button color dropdown?

PS:

Can create my own color options, in a DMS theme, so the client can choose whether a button should be "Brand Red" or "Baby Blue" or whatever I choose to label them?

Ideally, I'd also like to remove the default colors (Black, Red, Ligh-tBlue, etc) to make life as easy as possible for my clients (and not choose the default Red instead of their Brand Red color, etc).

Have a great weekend btw!

Oliver

Danny

The button color names are from Bootstrap, with some slight changes, i.e. Bootstrap red is Danger, we changed to important.

Not sure what you mean by "What's the logic? I assume there must be somewhere in DMS where I can define that f.e. ".important" should be labeled "Muy Importantes" in the button color dropdown?"?

If you want to remove the Masthead buttons and replace them with your own, you will need to create a child section of the Masthead and then add your own classes, LESS and replace the code present for the Masthead default buttons with your own.

Please search our forums, before posting!

webmatros

I know it's from Bootstrap. I'm asking where (when making a DMS child theme) can I change how the button colors are named in the dropdowns (like you've named them Red, Light-Blue, etc) in the default DMS theme.

Is that whay you're answering in your last paragraph? I'm not sure.

The button color names are from Bootstrap, with some slight changes, i.e. Bootstrap red is Danger, we changed to important.

Not sure what you mean by "What's the logic? I assume there must be somewhere in DMS where I can define that f.e. ".important" should be labeled "Muy Importantes" in the button color dropdown?"?

If you want to remove the Masthead buttons and replace them with your own, you will need to create a child section of the Masthead and then add your own classes, LESS and replace the code present for the Masthead default buttons with your own.

Danny
If you want to replace/change the default buttons, you will need to use a child theme and then create a LESS directory and in that directory, copy the button.less file. From here you can replace/change the default buttons.

If you want to add these changes/custom buttons to the Masthead section, you will also need to create a child section of the Masthead, then edit the section.php file and either replace the values in the button dropdown code (line 300 I think and again repeated lower down).

webmatros

Hi Danny

Thanks for the concise answer. Very useful, thanks!

Oliver

Danny

No problem.