Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Aires

Is there a DMS updating process to follow

Aires

I plan to update my dms when I get home. I currently have 3 sites that run on dms and I want to avoid many of the problems I am reading about. So is there a certain procedure I should follow.

Sent from my Lumia 900 using Tapatalk

ndTgvai.jpg

Visit iheartpagelines.com for the latest tutorials on PageLines related products.

Danny

Hi,

The way I would update is as follows.

1. If you have X amount of websites, have a local version which is almost identical in terms of plugins, design, layout etc..

2. Whenever there is an update to Wordpress, a plugin, DMS etc... run the update on your local site first.

3. If you encounter any issues, this will allow you to identify the issue locally rather than live.

4. Always backup prior to updating something like DMS or Wordpress, just as a precaution.

5. Maybe not required, but disable any cache plugins prior to updating.

Please search our forums, before posting!

Aires
I did exactly that in regards to upgrading on a test site first and ran into a issue. Dms plugins that say they have an update don't exactly update when i try to and i have not gotten the update for dms should i just download and install or wait for dashboard update

Sent from my Lumia 900 using Tapatalk

ndTgvai.jpg

Visit iheartpagelines.com for the latest tutorials on PageLines related products.

Aires

Successfully update all sites with DMS but business branding will not update at all it says it does but the version is the same. but other than that it looks good everything seems to run smoother Great Job.

ndTgvai.jpg

James B

I think there was an issue with the download urls for the business branding product previously, but as far as I know this was resolved, so the updates should go through ok. I've copied in the developer @ellenmva to check out.

Kindly search the forum and read the documentation before posting. It will help you resolve many issues.

For CSS help be sure to check out W3Schools first and be sure to download FireBug for FireFox for troubleshooting.

James B