Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Dave Norton

No Editor Guidelines

Dave Norton    0
Dave Norton

I had a problem with the rev slider in the global area. I could not remove it. I could move it around but unable to remove it. I then went to the global settings area and reset the global options. Redoing the global area not a problem. But the editor guidelines were no longer visible. I think I just figured it out I took a section and moved it onto the staging area and the guidelines appeared. Maybe this will help someone else. The website I am working on is http://davidnorton.org

greenfly    230
greenfly

HellO Dave  - i very recently replied to your email with a request for a logon for your site. Can you check that and get back to me on it. 

The answer to many issues can be found by searching in the forum before posting as someone else  may very well have had the same problem before you have.  Also, reading the documentation can help you gain a good understanding of how everything works. 

Please do not send me private messages. Occam's razor - The principle states "Keep things simple!"

Dave Norton    0
Dave Norton

Hello Martin 

I did send you the information for my site at thespygeeks.com  if you did not receive let me know. I was having a few issues also with my email account today.

Thanks Dave

Rob    547
Rob

Removing any section added to your site should be as simple as clicking the x on the top, right or left of the section.  Just make double sure the one you're deleting is the one you actually want removed.  Since some sections 'nest' within others, it can be very easy to get the wrong one if you don't double check it.

I'm sure Martin will reply directly to your email.

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur

Dave Norton    0
Dave Norton

For some reason this issue resolved itself! At the time I was trying to delete the slider I was confused because the x did not show on that particular section even though it appeared on other sections.

Thank you for your help

Dave Norton

Rob    547
Rob

We love to hear about things that resolve themselves! :D

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur

• Similar Content

• Peter Esslemont
      By Peter Esslemont
      Hi,
      When using the editor I am getting duplicate wordpress toolbars and an a nice error to go with it...
      I have them stack 4 high at one point.  Goes away with a refresh then re-appears.
      very odd.

• Barnaby Skinner
      By Barnaby Skinner+
      Hey all, hope I worded the topic correctly!
      I just need to know if either 1) I'm making a mistake or 2) this could be set as a new feature?
      Using the global settings typography parameters, I have a global paragraph font type (set using googlefonts) and have set the style to align:justify. When laying out <p> text inside a simple TEXT module, the <p> text adheres to both the font type and justification. Perfect.
      Now, when I set <p> text inside the PARAGRAPH TEXT field within an ELEMENT module, the <p> text adheres to the font type, but not the justification. It's rather annoying as I like to fully justify para text across the board and tend to use Element modules instead of text boxes for various reasons. It also seems silly that some PARAGRAPH TEXT fields adopt global settings, whilst other don't.
      Or I'm doing it wrong :S
      Any help or advice is much appreciated!
      Cheers
    • Perry
      By Perry+
      Hello there,
      We have started experiencing a crippling issue within the last few days. It seems that ever since three days ago the CSS will not load for our pages outside of the DMS editor. Inside of the editor everything appears to be looking fine, but after publishing and viewing the page in a new browser our elements are all over the place, and in the console it appears that there is an error stating that the CSS did not get loaded. Looking through FTP, it seems that the two CSS files in the pagelines folder in wp-content are now missing. We did not access this folder or modify any files prior to this.  What kind of problem could this be? We are totally halted on any work we can perform until this is solved, so any help would be greatly appreciated. 
      An example of the phenomenon: http://datesafe2.21thirteenhost.com/category/ask-mike/
      Best,
      Perry
    • jagipson
      By jagipson+
      I am building a site on this url: http://www.recruiterwebsitedesign.com/hager/
      I have a couple questions about the Rev Slider. How can I disable the time completely? I am not asking how to make the progress bar disappear. I want the slider to only automate by the user clicking the left or right arrow. 
      The next question is I want to add a video file on all three slides. What I see is happening is I added one on Slide three. It looks like the video is just constantly playing in the background. So, when the user gets to the third slide it maybe half way into the video. Shouldn't the video slide start once the user clicks this slide? 
      The last thing is if my video is 5 seconds long can the rev slider automatically change to the next slide after the video is over? I could just change the time to 5 seconds on the rev slider but one could be 5 the other could be 10seconds. So, that wouldn't work. 
      Let me know what my options could be.
      Thanks
    • micstepl
      By micstepl+
      I would like isolatedly make this post, since it ist obviously not recogniced in other posts.
      "full with" isn´t really "full width"
      Settings
      in "Settings" > "Layout / Nav" > "Content With" if setting is 100% BUG: there is still some "Padding" to the right & left of the page See image attached.
      Your seem to handle this differntly depending on section (eg. Hero)