This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

2 posts in this topic

I have installed Platform theme one year ago and it works fine! I am confused right now :( seems like the theme Platform is no more founded on the pagelines website? how can I get DMS free edition to test it? what should I do now?

I downloaded the lastest versions of DMS, Free Pro Tools, Footer Extras DMS, what is this files? must I replace the Platform theme by these files?

I am really confused please help!

Hello There 

Platform is no longer supported. I have moved this topic to the Platform Forum for you. (was pasted in the Framework Lite Forum (free) 

Platform and DMS are two separate systems and there is no direct upgrade path between the two. There was another product - The Still supported PageLInes Framework that was the product that came after Platform. Again there is no direct upgrade path between the two. 

It is better to install the DMS system on a test site or local install and see how easy it is to reproduce your Platform powered site with the DMS system. 

As for Platform - it works fine now but as web architecture and methods change the Platform will produce more and more errors and problems - the likes of which we cannot support. 

1 person likes this

• Similar Content

• Documentation Feedback
      By Danny
      Hello, fellow beta testers.
      We are currently in the process of writing up the documentation for Platform 5 and are looking for feedback to make sure we are headed in the right direction. We currently have all sections and extensions documented. Therefore, please review what we have so far and leave any feedback such as:
      Grammar mistakes we may have missed? Which articles concern you? Do any require more content/images etc...? What do we need to cover to be ready for Platform launch (see the list of upcoming docs below, before posting)? Do you like the format/style or should there be changes? Upcoming docs to written:
      Shortcodes Adding custom fonts Adding custom scripts Adding custom CSS/LESS Creating a child theme Guide to adding custom classes to sections To provide feedback, simply reply to this topic or email me directly - We would prefer feedback to this topic.
      You can locate the documentation using the link - 
    • New Extension - Splash Up, a Landing Section
      By Andrew
      Check it out, pretty cool section if i say so indeed. 

• feature-upgrade help, css
      By jonesvirtualassistant
      My client used Platform to setup and run a very simple site. On the version she has, "Edit css" is available under Appearance". I have now setup a subdirectory site using multisites and that "Edit css" option is not available when I activate the theme on that site. What do we need to do to have that option? I see your warning against editing the css file.
      After seeing the possibilities, I'll look forward to trying Framework and DMS, but we don't need that here. Custom css is the only additional feature we need. 
    • Platform and DMS dashboards possibly all mixed up
      By daretoeatapeach
      Website URL:
      Framework Version: Just installed latest DMS
      WordPress Version: 3.6.1
      Plugins in Use: none
      Server/Host: Network Solutions
      I was told to switch from Platform to DMS because Platform is no longer suported. At first I got this error on the main page of the site (and nothing else):
      Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 41943040 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 71 bytes) in /data/17/1/140/158/1629321/user/1756258/htdocs/careercrossroadscoach/wp-content/themes/dms/includes/less.plugin.php on line 2370
      ...But after I disabled all my plugins it went away. However, some weirdness is going on with my dashboard interface. When I switched back to Platform (because of the error) my dashboard settings had changed! Previously there was a section called something like "Platform Settings" and it was under the Themes menu. Now that option is gone, and there's a bunch of stuff that wasn't there before.
      My suspicion is that somehow the menu options for DMS replaced the menu options for Platform, which would be possible if both were in a folder called Platforms (I've yet to check the file system), and thus messed them both up.
      I'm hesitant to outright delete Platforms, because though it may be legacy I like it a lot. And I don't yet have 100% confidence that DMS will work. And I'd already customized the colors and such for Platforms, and deleting the theme will nixe all that work. Keeping this in mind, how best shall I proceed, in getting DMS to work?
      Screenshots are attached.
    • Old Platform look
      By photomomwife
      I recently moved my database to a server that only used php5 and it would not move Platform without errors so we had to switch to Pagelines. We actually preferred Platform to Pagelines and could never get Pagelines to look like Platform. Frustrating, but so be it.
      But we have one issue that we would love to solve: How can we get all of our posts to list as excerpts on the landing page like Platform did with the image to the side of it. We loved that part of it and it worked for the things that we list. It's probably a "duh" thing, but we can't seem to do that.
      Thank you.