Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Jackey

DMS 1.1 Editor issues (mellow version)

Jackey

I updated my site to the new 1.1 version and was surprised the way my website looked when I enabled the DMS Editor...

This page http://cl.ly/image/3h3X2M2b0I26 looks like this http://cl.ly/image/0h030b2x3W16 in the editor

Strangely enough the site was still intact - it just shows that way in the editor - but it renders DMS quite useless. And I don't dare touch the site with with this editor.

It almost seems if it misses core CSS styling in the Edit-mode... most 3third party sections look okay.

Any idea what is causing this behaviour?

Best regards,

Jackey

Danny

Hi Jackey,

Not sure what your issue is, both images look fine to me, what is odd about the image with the editor enabled or am I missing something?

Please search our forums, before posting!

Jackey

Where are the images on the iBoxes and why are they aligned left?

And margins/paddings differ on a lot of places.

Allas I can't even depict what happens to the revSlider on this page http://sandbox.melisgs.nl/golfclub-stippelberg.nl/ but after one page write, all content of the slider is gone.

Danny

Have you reverted to a previous version, as your page source says you're using 1.0.4. Also, what is mellow version ?

Jackey

Sorry Danny... but yes I reverted (for the fourth time today) to yesterday.

I've had a few suggestions from Ellen regarding the short codes used in the image URL's that alas did not pan out, and things are still the same.

I can give you access if you want, so you can experience an upgrade to 1.1 yourself (after you're done, give me a sign, and I roll everything back again ;) )

Oh yes... disabling all plugins is all at no avail.

The mellow version referred to a pulled topic from someone else this morning... that was more a rant than anything else.

Rob

Jackey,

I can see what you're referring to, and notice a significant difference in the appearance. I'll test this later today, and report back my findings.   Thanks for bringing this to our attention.

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur

Jackey

Hi Rob/Danny,

I'm happy to report that after rolling back and updating to version 1.1.1 the problems are gone. And as far as I can see, I don't have any of the issues I had with the 1.1, 1.0.9.8 ... 1.0.9.1 versions.

Thanks!

Jackey

Wow.... spoke to soon... sorry to say that all problems returned after about an hour...

Danny

You still have version 1.0.4. active, can you enable 1.1.1 and reply here so we can take a look. Also, are you saying that when you enable the editor the iBoxes images don't appear, but do when the editor is disabled, or they simply don't appear ?

When the editor is enabled, do you have any js errors in your console ?

Jackey

Hi Danny,

Understand that I have to restore the website to 1.0.4 to restore the damage made to my content (database content and theme files).

I can update to 1.1.1 for you, but the errors occur only then you activate the DMS editor. So initially the website won't change for the public. It is when you start the editor, it immediately reports that there are unpublished changes (purple indicator), then when you hit "Publish" it all goes horribly wrong.

You will need editor access to see what actually happens (and I'm willing to provide that).

So now I will first make a snapshot.

Jackey

There a no js errors thrown... I suspect that the editor somehowe drops data, and so trashes the site. Particularly core sections are affected. (like RevSlider, iBoxes, Section Area, Watermark)

Danny

Can you email me at danny at pagelines dot com so I can take a closer look please.

Jackey

I'm going to try something... will notify you in a few minutes if it pans out.

Danny

OK, can you disable all active plugins please.

Also, you may want to remove that Vimeo video that is appearing at the bottom when the editor is active ?

Also, remove all custom CSS and see if this helps.

Danny

There you go images are appearing now, revslider appears to be working.

Also, your revslider content was visible, it was just taking forever to load for some reason and was appearing below your footer. Therfore, it is most likely either a plugin or a custom CSS issue.

Try enabling your plugins one by one.

Jackey

There is no custom CSS when plugins are disabled (it uses the PagelinesCustomize plugin)

Jackey

Wow found it.

There seem to be a string quote problem in the custom CSS editor:

I took the custom CSS out and it copied as: (notice the escaped quotes in the bold section)

.ogsiconlabel {
}

.ogsicon {
  max-height:25px;
  padding-top:15px;
}

.ogsicon:hover {
  opacity:.9;
}

.gform_wrapper ul.right_label li ul.gfield_radio li, .gform_wrapper form ul.right_label li ul.gfield_radio li  {
  padding-left: 1px !important;
}

.mgsWieIsWieLogo {
  float: right;
  margin:5px -15px 2px 0;
}

.mgsWieIsWie .position {
  margin-bottom: 4px;
}

.mgsPageTitle h1.headline {
  font-family: \'Source Sans Pro\', \'Helvetica Neue\', Helvetica, sans-serif;
  color:#333;
  font-size:50px;
  margin: 0 0 .5em;
}

.mgsPageTitle p.subtitle {
  color:rgba(0, 0, 0,.6);
  font-size:16px;
  margin: -.8em 0 2em;
}

.gmap_marker img {
  max-height:70px;
}

@media (max-width: 500px) {
  .mgsBannerContent .hentry p {
    text-align: center;
    font-size:75%;
  }
  .mgsBannerContent .hentry {
    padding: 25px 0 0 !important;
  }
  .mgsPageTitle h1.headline {
    font-size:38px;
  }
}

Danny

AH nice! Well happy to hear your issue has been resovled.

Jackey

No quite yet...

Going to turn on the plugins one by one now

Danny

Hmm very odd. Yeah maybe email Nick, Ill do the same.

Jackey

And Danny, thanks for taking the time... It is looking stable now. I hope Nick can track down what it is. I hope it is not a resource limit.

Thanks again! (I can finally start deploying the site)

• Similar Content

• davekeys
      By davekeys
      I have always been among the first to criticize Pagelines for problems that have plagued DMS since the initial release and corresponding server attack. However, today is a day I want to simply say that the product has increasingly improved with each release and stability seems to be getting better all the time also.

Way to go guys!