Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

eholland7080

Displaying Featured Image In PAGE

eholland7080

Hello....I'm certain this is a newbie question, and for that I am sorry.  I have set the Featured Image on the edit -> PAGE screen within the back end but when I go to view the PAGE from the front-end I do not see the Featured Image I set.  I have no such problems with POSTS.  Any direction would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you in advance

Eric

James B

Hi Eric

It depends where the feautres are being set, if it's a static page, then you'd set in the page meta on the edit>page screen. If it's a special page, like blog, archive, search etc, then it would need to set in PageLines>page options>site defaults (or via the corresponding tab).

In the Page meta, make sure you select the correct feature set from the dropdown - http://screencast.com/t/Ph5QSzKy0xT5 and then save the settings/re-publish.

If you're still experiencing problems, please take a screenshot of the settings for us and we'll try and advise further for you

Kindly search the forum and read the documentation before posting. It will help you resolve many issues.

For CSS help be sure to check out W3Schools first and be sure to download FireBug for FireFox for troubleshooting.

James B

eholland7080

Hi James

Thank you for the quick reply.  Some background, I am using DMS 1.1 and the latest Wordpress version with clean new install, no other plugins, etc.

I am adding the image to the Featured Image box within edit -> Page (see screen shot)

But then the Featured Image does not show on website

James B

Hi, ok when you go to view the page, click on the pencil/edit icon for the postloop. In the options which pop up you'll see an option for thumbs, select image on top/left etc and the featured image will be displayed in or on top of the post once you save/republish.

http://screencast.com/t/yPihkWe1ud

Kindly search the forum and read the documentation before posting. It will help you resolve many issues.

For CSS help be sure to check out W3Schools first and be sure to download FireBug for FireFox for troubleshooting.

James B

eholland7080

Thanks James.....unfortunately that did not work......it looks like a POST in your screen shot.  I am trying to get this working on a PAGE.  In you test environment create a PAGE, add a Featured Image, publish the PAGE, goto the page from the front end and you will see no Featured Image.  Thank for your time and effort on this.

Danny

HI,

Pages do not have an archive so the Featured Image is pointless. If you want an image on your page, why just insert one using the add media option ?

Please search our forums, before posting!

eholland7080

Hi Danny, thanks for the response....while yes I could add a column to my page and then drag a media box into it, which I've done in the past, but I was hoping to avoid the white space that would be left under an image in an aside media box and have one nested nice and stylish within the content/post loop JUST like a POST archive page as well as the POST single page by using the Featured Image and without using the Insert Media located within the edit of the actual page content.  I know there are some articles on the Wordpress Codex outlining how to do this very thing with Pages. 

Thanks for your help and you can close this if you'd like.

Thanks

Eric

Danny
You can still nest an image in the Pages content area. All you need to do is add an image view the add media option, this will add an image to your pages content area. You can then add your text around the image.

If you have found instructions on how to use the Featured image on the Wordpress Codex, follow them instructions. As far as I can remember you only need to add a filter to your child themes functions.php file.

Please search our forums, before posting!