Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

alexb

Customising functions.php

alexb

Dear All -

I have downloaded and installed the customise plug-in in order to customise functions.php with the following alternate Search Box text:

add_filter('pagelines_search_form','override_search_form');

function override_search_form() {

$searchfield = sprintf('<input type="text" value="" name="s" class="searchfield" placeholder="%s" />', 'SEARCH THE SITE'); // modify here

$searchform = sprintf('<form method="get" class="searchform" onsubmit="this.submit();return false;" action="%s/" ><fieldset>%s</fieldset></form>', home_url(), $searchfield);

return $searchform;

}

However, I don't seem to able to find exactly where you add customisations...I assume it isn't straight into function.php via the Wordpress Editor function, else that defeats the point of the customise plug-in..

Can anyone help point me in the right direction please?

Alex

Simon

The customize plugin has a functions.php, just like a child theme. Thats where you ad custom code.

Danny

Thanks for informing us the issue has ben resolved.

Please search our forums, before posting!

alexb

Well, not quite alas Danny! :p

I located the customize functions php for the plugin and pasted the code in but with no effect. It states 'Editing pagelines-customize/functions.php (inactive)'

I wonder if this is because this will edit the standard WP search bar, whereas I am using the Nav Bar section?

Alex

Simon

the inactive is because your editing a plugin using the wordpress editor, and that file is inactive according to wordpress, just ignore it.

alexb

Ah thanks...well happy to ignore if the function worked, but I pasted the new function into the customize function/php file, and the Search field still reads 'Search' instead of 'Search the site'...am I missing something stupid?

/*
// ====================================================
// add_filter('pagelines_search_form','override_search_form');

function override_search_form() {

$searchfield = sprintf('<input type="text" value="" name="s" class="searchfield" placeholder="%s" />', 'SEARCH THE SITE'); // modify here

$searchform = sprintf('<form method="get" class="searchform" onsubmit="this.submit();return false;" action="%s/" ><fieldset>%s</fieldset></form>', home_url(), $searchfield);

return $searchform;

}
// ====================================================
*/