This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Simple Nav only on selected pages?

2 posts in this topic

Hi guys,

I've just started adding some pages to a simple nav section on my site and was hoping to make it so that the menu shows itself only on the pages within the menu. You might think of it as a menu for a subsection of my site. 

I thought I'd be able to hide the menu by not selecting it in the global options config box in the dms, but when I don't select it, it shows anyway (I'm guessing it's because I only have one menu created, when I had three menus it was showing the oldest one globally and the selected one on my desired page). 

I've also tried creating a blank menu which doesn't have any pages selected, but this just shows the default menu (as in the top right one that I have set in Navbar global options).

Is it possible to keep the area blank?

My site is

The section I want to keep blank (globally) is just under the social bar.

The section of pages I want to show as a sort of submenu will be nested under 'hypnotherapy'.

Thanks in advance to anyone who may be able to help!

Hi superbootcamps - I think the easiest way to accomplish this would be the following:

1. Remove the menu you don't want showing on all pages from the Header section since that section is global and will show on all pages by default as you've seen.

2. On the Hypnotherapy page (and all other pages that you would like the menu to show) drag a new simple nav section to the template area under the header. Select (or create and then select) the menu with just the subpages for the hypno section and publish.

What this does is leaves the default global menu at the top and then only serves up that secondary menu on the pages you've assigned it to.

• Similar Content

• Simple Nav changing fontcolor
      By DEgmond
      I would like to change the fontcolor in my simple nav...
      I know it has to do with CSS...
      I don't know if I have to use the "custom styling classes" or "Inline CSS styling". I don't know the difference between them.
      I looked with Chrome in the code of the site - about 3800 rules pfff - 
      I was not able to find the code that changes the fontcolor of my Simple Nav section into white (#ffffff)
      Can anybody help me...
    • Simple Nav Does Not Center by Default or otherwise
      By glennyboy
      If this posts twice apologies, but it didm't show the first time. 
      Anyway I have found that the DMS 2 simple nag doesn't align center due to overriding styles in the parent .pl-section-pad. This div needs to be set to:-
      .pl-section-pad { text-align: center; }   May be a better way, but the styles aren't working at present.   Regards   Glennyboy
    • Navigation
      By lroberts00
      How do I customize the menu's to appear where I want them?  Currently I am using Nav Classic as a upper nav and NavBar for the sites page navigation.  Right now there are backwards, I want the NavClassics pages on the Nav Bar area, and vis versa.  Can some one please help?
    • Simple Nav Showing ALL Pages
      By Mark & Phil
      Has anyone had this occur? seems to be showing all pages available inside the Simple Nav menus but only on the Search Results page. Go to any other page and you won't see it happening.

• Multiple Simple Navs
      By Iain Griffin
      Before a recent update (Wordpress/DMS?), I'd set up to use multiple simple navs on my website - one in the header and two in the footer. Each were assigned a custom menu I'd created by using the front end edit selection. 
      Now this isn't possible because of updates and it's broken my set-up. I can no longer assign each simple nav with its own custom menu, it's a global one set in the back end menu option.
      Is there a way to recreate / overwrite this so I can assign multiple navs in the same site? I know I could use widgets and custom menus, but I'd prefer to return to what I had before if possible.
      Thanks in advance for any help.