Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

fliptheu

DMS not loading. Help Appreciated!

fliptheu

Hi,

This has been happening to me a lot, and I wonder if it's my deal, or a glitch in the system. This will happen out of the blue, whether a plugin has been installed or not. In fact, today it happened after I published some changes. 

DMS will not load. I can only explain it best with the screenshot. I am using mediatemple, and I cannot get DMS to work on a godaddy site. After re-installs of wordpress. 

Whats the deal? This is unacceptable, would you not agree?

Help appreciated,

Tim

fliptheu

"Finding beauty one picture and one pixel at a time."

http://www.fliptheu.com

Jake

Hi fliptheu - Can you enable debug (via Global Options - Advanced) and provide us a URL as well so we can take a look at the server settings? 

Have you searched the forums yet or checked out the DMS user docs?

PageLines geek, blogging at MyUntangledLife.com

fliptheu

Hi fliptheu - Can you enable debug (via Global Options - Advanced) and provide us a URL as well so we can take a look at the server settings? 

Hi jake thanks for the reply!

I can't access the Global Options, I don't know if you saw my screenshot, but I am getting list items only, with no working links.

My URL is http://photodelivery.fliptheu.com

What else could I provide you?

fliptheu

Jake

Hi fliptheu - Thanks for your response. Let's try this - are you able to access your wp-config file? If so, let's turn on WP debug as follows and see if we can get anything out of that.

Open the wp-config.php file.
Located the following line of code define('WP_DEBUG', false);
Replace false with true like so define('WP_DEBUG', true);

Also, are you able to create/publish a post or page at all? The CSS won't serve up without any content and I'm thinking perhaps that could be it. I also know there are some hosts where folks experience issues running WP in sub directories or sub domains and I'm wondering if perhaps your host falls into that category. 

Have you searched the forums yet or checked out the DMS user docs?

PageLines geek, blogging at MyUntangledLife.com

fliptheu

Hi fliptheu - Thanks for your response. Let's try this - are you able to access your wp-config file? If so, let's turn on WP debug as follows and see if we can get anything out of that.

Open the wp-config.php file.
Located the following line of code define('WP_DEBUG', false);
Replace false with true like so define('WP_DEBUG', true);

Also, are you able to create/publish a post or page at all? The CSS won't serve up without any content and I'm thinking perhaps that could be it. I also know there are some hosts where folks experience issues running WP in sub directories or sub domains and I'm wondering if perhaps your host falls into that category. 

Hi, thanks for the reply.

I did change the wp-config to reflect your ('WP_DEBUG', true);. I was able to make a page that is password protected. What I am trying to set up is a way for a client to download zip files of photos for review, and password protect the page. 

This is a subdirectory, hence the photodelivery.fliptheu.com What is a solution to make DMS to work in that situation?

fliptheu

fliptheu

I may have figured it out. I made a dummy post, and all works. So, you need content to edit a site with DMS. Again, user error :)

fliptheu

Simon

Glad you got it. Yea wordpress goes a bit 'weird' if there are no posts or pages.

• Similar Content

• Steve Webb
      By Steve Webb+
      I am having an issue with DMS editor not loading.  Just keeps spinning and spinning.
      Have tried several things - Logged in and out, cleared cache, deactivated all plugins, but the issue persists.
      I even had our host restore from a backup a few weeks ago, when I know it WAS working, as I edited a text box on the homepage.  The restore from backup didn't help either.
      Also, the front end of the site shows that the site is framed, or boxed now (whatever you call it), instead of full width as it was previously (last week).
      Dev console shows that there are php errors in Google maps - file is attached.
      Can someone please help?  Not sure what else I can do here...
      Thanks in advance.
      -Matt

• tuciudadenred
      By tuciudadenred+
      Hi everyone, what happens is that the web page metrosalarmas.com has a google tags which I have not attacked where I can look to remove those tags and be able to locate the correct ones.
    • Steve Webb
      By Steve Webb+
      I am having an issue with DMS editor not loading.  Just keeps spinning and spinning.
      Have tried several things - Logged in and out, cleared cache, deactivated all plugins, but the issue persists.
      I even had our host restore from a backup a week ago, when I know it WAS working, as I edited a text box on the homepage.  The restore from backup didn't help either.
      Also, the front end of the site shows that the site is framed, or boxed now (whatever you call it), instead of full width as it was previously (last week).
      Dev console shows that there are php errors in Google maps - file is attached.
      Can someone please help?  Not sure what else I can do here...
      Thanks in advance.
      -Matt

• JawDesigns
      By JawDesigns
      Hi everyone,
      Flywheel have reported errors on my clients site 'www.racewaredirect.co.uk' and it's not loading. Can someone please provide some information on how to fix this? The site has never experienced these issues before.
      Thanks,
      James Wilson
    • MissT
      By MissT+
      Hi there,
      I've got an issue with 3 websites built with DMS since I migrated them from http to https that I need help with please.
      When any changes are made - e.g. new posts added or existing posts amended - certain sections of the live site seem to break e.g. image headers hang and don't load (b/g on canvas section), sliders hang and don't load (Revslider), flipper section doesn't load.
      Logging in and then clicking 'Edit the site using DMS' seems to fix the problem. Often if I try to open up another browser window to edit the site / re publish I'm unable to as the page wont load / hangs while trying to load.
      Any ideas how to fix this? On a couple of the sites I've installed a caching plugin as I thought it might be a loading speed issue but it's still happening.
      Website URL's can be provided privately.
      Many thanks in advance.