Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

MissT

How to flush / recompile Less when DMS not working

MissT+    4
MissT

Hi there,

I'm using a child theme and am adding customisations to the style.less file. I've noticed that if I make an error when editing the file - e.g. miss off an } by accident - when I flush the less from the global settings resets options and publish the changes the DMS editor is then pretty much broken which prompts me to check my CSS Less and I notice the error I've made and correct it. 

The problem is how do I then clear the CSS Less as I can't access the Flush option as the DMS editor is broken.

Is there another / easy way of doing this if DMS is broken?

Many thanks in advance!

Danny    1,327
Danny

Hi,

Try going to Wordpress Admin Dashboard > PageLines > DMS Tools and clicking save on the LESS/CSS editor.

Please search our forums, before posting!

MissT+    4
MissT

Ah, that's great!  Didn't know that would do that, work's a treat :)

Many thanks Danny!

Danny    1,327
Danny

No problem.

Please search our forums, before posting!

• Similar Content

• GreyFoxWebDesign
      By GreyFoxWebDesign+
      Hi, could you let me know where the custom less/css is saved to - i.e. how I could access it directly via the server.
      I hid the Admin Bar by mistake and now can't save any changes to the Custom CSS as the Save Button is not available - so I need to find another way to access and edit the custom CSS.
      Thanks in advance
    • Audun MB
      By Audun MB+
      How do I get the LESS in a child theme to compile?
    • dymond
      By dymond+
      I've been trying to upload a video to use as a video background, but the size was 12m, and the alotted max file size is 8m. I downloaded a couple of pugins that increase the size by creating php.ini files and all of that jazz, but to no avail. It would say (Max file size = 250mb) but after I uploaded I would get an "HTTP ERROR",
      Soooo I logged into my cpanel and saw that the php I was using was 4 version out of date. I upgraded my php to PHP 5.6 and now I get
      Fatal error: Out of memory (allocated 39583744) (tried to allocate 15 bytes) in /homepages/39/d200014696/htdocs/dymondentertainment.com/wp-content/themes/dms/dms/includes/less.plugin.php on line 848
      When I activiate another theme that is not pagleines, the site works fine.... but will no longer work with Pagelines DMS Version 2.2

My site has no gone dark. What can I do?
    • station16
      By station16
      I installed DMS for a new site and got an error message on install and when I install any plugin.
      Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /nfs/c09/h04/mnt/208781/domains/prevailcoffee.co/html/wp-content/themes/dms/dms/includes/less.legacy.php on line 818
      I installed the latest DMS 2.1.9.6

Please advise. I'm now having issues getting any plugins to work. Not sure what to do next.
      thanks,
      -b
    • mnagillum
      By mnagillum+
      I built a simple site without a child theme, using just the Custom Styling Classes and Inline CSS Styling available in PageLines' various sections. I also added a few lines of CSS in the Jetpack Appearance tool--maybe 10 or 12 lines, nowhere near 1040. I am now getting this message:

/* LESS PARSE ERROR in your Custom CSS: parse error: failed at `` line: 1040 */
      Where can I find the Custom CSS and--more importantly--how can I fix it?
      The site is ndpointstrategies.com.
      Thanks in advance.