Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

outtareach

revslider video not performing transition

outtareach    3
outtareach

I'm finally messing with revslider and I see how to add images easily but video is a bit harder.  I added the video but as the second slide it doesnt do anything and just comes in with no transitions.  I have the boxfade set but it will not do it with a video.  Is there a way to make this perform the effect so that my site is consistent?

outtareach    3
outtareach

yes I followed but when I add "data-transition="boxslide" "  I get nothing, I want it to animation but currently it does nothing.

outtareach    3
outtareach

would I be able to use the revslider plugin for wordpress through a shortcode to input into my site?  I see they have a plugin with built in features and just wanted to know if this could be implemented easily into a dms site.  I heard you can put shortcodes in a text box but just making sure this implementation would work here.

Danny    1,327
Danny

Yeah, you're free to use the RevSlider plugin if you like. However, in order to use the shortcode and have a full width slider, you will need to install this section, called FullBox. Its basically, the TextBox section, but full width.

http://etc.bz/R6Rn

So install this like any other plugin, then install RevSlider and add the FullBox section to your template, then copy the shortcode into FullBox.

Please search our forums, before posting!

outtareach    3
outtareach

thanks for the info I will probably by that but what about if I wanted transitions on what I currently have? also are there any other useful plugins I could use like this one?

Danny    1,327
Danny

Whats the code you're currently using ?

Can you paste it here and then provide a link - http://paste.pagelines.com

Please search our forums, before posting!

outtareach    3
outtareach

okay thanks, I got the plugin and its working but under it I cannot get rid of "Text box >> add content!" under the slider

greenfly    230
greenfly

This message "Text box >> add content!" is saying there is no content in your text box. If you do not require the text box just remove it from the page - or add content to it so that the "Text box >> add content!" doesn't appear 

The answer to many issues can be found by searching in the forum before posting as someone else  may very well have had the same problem before you have.  Also, reading the documentation can help you gain a good understanding of how everything works. 

Please do not send me private messages. Occam's razor - The principle states "Keep things simple!"

outtareach    3
outtareach

I added the full content text box as Danny told me to do and put the shortcode for the revslider in that so I have the slider but the text is showing because there is no real "text" in the box.  There is the shortcode but not text so I need to remove the text.

greenfly    230
greenfly

Ok - can you create an admin logon for your site and send the details to hello @ pagelines.com and i will take a closer look for you. 

Please Include a link to this topic in the email 

The answer to many issues can be found by searching in the forum before posting as someone else  may very well have had the same problem before you have.  Also, reading the documentation can help you gain a good understanding of how everything works. 

Please do not send me private messages. Occam's razor - The principle states "Keep things simple!"

James B    436
James B

Is this on the homepage? I can see three slides but no video in there, i can see a video in the sidebar on the right hand side of the page.

Kindly search the forum and read the documentation before posting. It will help you resolve many issues.

For CSS help be sure to check out W3Schools first and be sure to download FireBug for FireFox for troubleshooting.

James B

• Similar Content

• pehja
      By pehja+
      https://pehjaproduction.se/webbdesign/  Video is not showing up in Journey section. Why? I have entered this in the settings 

• dougalperman
      By dougalperman+
      Hi there,
      I'm a big fan of Pagelines, and have been for years.
      I'm trying to control the size of video embeds and having some difficulty. I see that I can just paste the Vimeo video URL into the post and an embed widget will automatically appear, which is great. But the embed box created is much taller that the video (689 x 1000 pixels) so the content sits in the middle of a tall black box, which looks awkward.
      I tried using the full iFrame embed code from Vimeo, which solved the disproportionate embed frame size (or aspect ratio) issue, but despite specifying the dimensions I want (690 x 388), the videos displayed on the post are sized at 300 x 150 pixels.
      I can't work out how to change either.
      I'm using the latest version of Pagelines Framework (Pro) with the Agency them.
      Any help or advice very much appreciated.
      Thanks,
      Dougal
    • Perry
      By Perry+
      Hello there,
      We are still using DMS 2 and were wondering if it was at all compatible with slider revolution. (https://codecanyon.net/item/slider-revolution-responsive-wordpress-plugin/2751380). Our issue is that the default revslider for DMS clips the top and sides of videos when made responsive. As the video is made smaller or larger the bottom of it tends to be cut off, or the sides are. We noticed slider revolution was 100% responsive, but have had numerous issues even getting it to display in DMS 2. We have tried using the shortcode, and various php scripts to no avail. Our last attempt was to try and load it with header scripts, but at this point we seem to be further away than ever. 
      This leads me to a few questions:
      1. Is Slider Revolution even compatible with DMS2?
      2. Is there a way we can get 100% responsive video in DMS 2 with zero clipping? (tonyrobbins.com is another good example of the effect we are trying to achieve.)
      3. If Slider Revolution is compatible, how do we go about adding it in?

Thank you for any help.

• vanessabt
      By vanessabt+
      Hi Developers, I wasn’t sure what the best way to get feedback was but didn’t really want to put this in the facebook group, I did put this in the slack developers group but trying to figure out the fastest way to get feedback.  I am starting a new site for a client and was looking through the showcase to see if there were any samples for slider modifications like I am trying to do for our build and couldn’t find them.  Basically I want to have a blue section at the bottom of each slide that has text in it.  The text will change with each slide along with the image.  Was wondering if anyone had any thoughts on how this modification could be made?  Here is a sample of the slider from the design.

• paoloimperiale
      By paoloimperiale+
      Hi, 
      I was wondering if there's a way to modify the slider container size? My client would like it skinner- not as tall. How would you suggest doing that?
      Thank you.
      (this is for the paoloimperiale.com slider on the homepage)