Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

psiencesociety

Text Box Shading`

psiencesociety

Is it possible to give a text box shading? Maybe a light white/grey to make it stand out or easier to read from the background?

Jake

Hi psiencesociety - Absolutely. The easiest way to accomplish this would be by creating a custom styling class (see more info at http://docs.pagelines.com/tutorials/section-area-styling). The short version is, add something like the following to your CSS:

.mytextbox {background: #CCCCCC;}

And then in the Text Boxes that you'd like to add the background to, simply put mytextbox in the Styling Classes area (http://d.pr/i/UDMZ)

Have you searched the forums yet or checked out the DMS user docs?

PageLines geek, blogging at MyUntangledLife.com

psiencesociety

thank you again Jake !!

psiencesociety

wait....I am guessing the mytextbox is in reference to each box? How can I know which is which? (This is why I really wish you all at pagelines would make this more layman user-friendly, as people like me are completely css ignorant, update with options that allow us to make these insignificant design changes without needing to beg for code)

But none the less...Thank you Jake for giving it. (code)

Update....I read the docu and made the shading work, but I also need it to be a percentile trans. I want a shade, not full color. Adding that code makes a solid color background., 

Update_2: I used the following code:

.textbox_01 {background: #F6F6F7;opacity:0.4;}

Problem with that is the text is also being effected., So then how do I apply the opacity to ONLY the background?

Update_3: I found this code (I Love Google) - background: rgba(204, 204, 204, 0.5); and that seemed to work. Although I do still wish I could control the color as that seems to just make it a standard grey

Andrew

yup! Use RGBA, you can do ANY color you want... 

For example: rgba(66, 133, 243,.8) is transparent blue. 

Get a browser extension or app like ColorSchemer Studio or something to help you figure out the exact color you want to use.

psiencesociety

yup! Use RGBA, you can do ANY color you want...

For example: rgba(66, 133, 243,.8) is transparent blue.

Get a browser extension or app like ColorSchemer Studio or something to help you figure out the exact color you want to use.

Thank you arpowers!!

Rob

:)

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur