Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

pagexix

Simple Nav Font Size

pagexix

How can I increase the font size of the Simple Nav using CSS? What ID or class might I use? Thanks!

greenfly

Hello pagexix - do you have a link to your site? 

The answer to many issues can be found by searching in the forum before posting as someone else  may very well have had the same problem before you have.  Also, reading the documentation can help you gain a good understanding of how everything works. 

Please do not send me private messages. Occam's razor - The principle states "Keep things simple!"

pagexix

Yes, here it is: http://www.davissmith.com/. But the navigation is too small for the team. So, I thought I would set up 3 columns (logo in left, nav in center, contact info in right). I would like to use either the Nav Bar or Simple Nav in the center. In both cases, I am having some troubles breaking down id's and classes (I'm doing my best to inspect each element).

With the standard Nav Bar, I am having trouble removing the border for the white option or getting it to center.

The Simple Nav option is centered with no border, but the font is so small (it's also missing the more overt rollover highlight). 

I love the idea of the Global fixed nav, but enlarging this, centering the nav and adding contact info has been an even bigger challenge. 

I don't want to do anything too custom because I want more pages to automatically show up the nav should they be added in the future. 

Thanks for the insight!

Jake

Hi pagexix - For increasing the font size of the simple nav try this:

.simplenav li a {font-size: xxpx;}

Have you searched the forums yet or checked out the DMS user docs?

PageLines geek, blogging at MyUntangledLife.com

andylemay

Hi Jake,

I put this in the CSS for the simplenav section but it doesn't do anything.  Am I putting this in the wrong place?

andylemay

Ok so put this in the custom CSS area and it worked.  my bad.  I was expecting to be able to put it in the styling options dialogue for the section.

Danny

The Style Classes field is for classes and not custom CSS.

For example, if you add the following to your custom CSS:

.blue-background { background-color: #428BCA; color: white; }

Then go to a sections styling class field and add the class name such as blue-background

When you save and refresh, this section will have a blue background and white text, you can see examples of this and more information here -http://docs.pagelines.com/tutorials/creating-a-branding-area

Please search our forums, before posting!