Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

annekek

dms menu mobile

annekek

Hi,

I use Ubermenu on my webpage, which is awsome. But I'd like to use the standard DMS menu on mobile site. 

In Global Options, a specially created menu for Mobile, is set as primary and secondary navigation menu. But still the Ubermenu is used. Is there another way I can disable it?

Anneke

Danny

Hi

In order to achieve this you would require custom code. You could do this via CSS. However, this would mean you load both menus, then hide the PageLines Menu on desktops and hide Ubermenu on Mobile devices. There may well be a way via JS or PHP, but JS and PHP aren't my forte at this moment in time.

IMO, I think you should probably choose one or the other to be honest.

If you want to load them both and then do as I suggested above, you will need to use @media queries to hide/show each menu. For more information on @media queries, see here - http://css-tricks.com/snippets/css/media-queries-for-standard-devices/

Please search our forums, before posting!

annekek

Since JS and PHP aren't my forte either I'll find another solution. :-)

Thank you. 

Danny

If that is the case, then you would probably want to use CSS.

In fact instead of using Media Queries, you could just enable the body class Browser Specific CSS in DMS Pro Tools plugin and then prefix the sections class/ID with .mobile or /desktop and then use display hidden.

annekek

Can you point me in the right direction maybe?

annekek

Found this: Menu swapper. Maybe that the answer for a non coder. 

The Menu Swapper allows you to register custom theme locations and easily swap menus on individual Pages or Posts, all through the WordPress Admin Panel" 

Danny

If you have DMS Pro Tools installed, there will be an option called Browser Specific CSS. What this does is adds a class to the body tag so that when you view your site in chrome, there will be a .chrome class.

This allows you to style your website differently for different browsers or devices. You can learn more and see some examples here - http://docs.pagelines.com/tutorials/browser-specific-css

What you will want to do is prefix the UberMenu to display: none on mobile/tablets via the class. Something like this (this is an example and may not work):

.mobile .section-ubermenu { display: none; }

The same can be done for the PageLines Navbar, however, it will be the opposite, you will want to hide on desktop.

For example (again example, you will need to find the correct class)

.desktop .section-navbar { display : none; }

Menu Swapper, is a plugin that allows you to change your menus for specific pages, it doesn't allow you to change your actual menu section.

annekek

Ok, thanks. Some work to do :-)

Danny

No problem.