Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

danieldynasty

Place Phone Number on Top Right of NavBar?

danieldynasty

Hello everyone!

I would like to be able to place a contact phone number on the top right side of the NavBar, above the menu links. Is this possible to do with some code tweaks?

I have many multisites using the same DMS sections folder so I don't think hard-coding and editing the /sections/navbar/ files would work since it would display one phone number multisite-wide. I would like to have different phone numbers listed per multisite (due to geographic region localization).

As for how it would look:

|                      |                                               (123) 555-5555    |

|   LOGO         |                                                                            |

|___________|______________| Home | About | FAQ | Contact |

Thanks in advance for your suggestions/advice!

-Daniel

Danny

Hi,

When you say NavBar are you referring to the Fixed Navbar ?

To do something like this, you will most likely need to use a hook, you can get more information on hooks here - http://docs.pagelines.com/advanced/hooks

You can also use Hooker (Karma product) which will make the process much easier.

Please search our forums, before posting!

danieldynasty

Hello Danny,

Yes, I mean the standard DMS fixed navbar. I'm not too familiar with PHP though.. I did notice that the menus used in the NavBar take up the entire NavBar row height though.. So if I were to insert a line (phone number) above the menu list, it would drop everything down completely?

Perhaps some code to float a block on the top right to be inserted into the Custom CSS or header section?

Thanks for your suggestion Danny. I appreciate you being so active in helping on these forums.

Danny

Imo, the best way to do this would either be by either creating your own section based on NavBar or use a hook.

Please search our forums, before posting!